Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Why? Ummm, foul trouble, off-night, injury or illness, sitting on the bench resting, or the opponent focusing on taking him out of the game. In these situations, where does the offense come from when the rest of the team normally just watches one guy dominate the ball? I was watching a Clipper game last season, Chris Paul on the floor he either ran the entire clock dribbling and shot late in the clock, or late in the clock he passed to someone who had a couple of seconds to get a shot away. He went to the bench, and the entire offense changed. Lots of passes, lots of involvement, almost no one standing there watching the game. I would rather have a shooting guard put up 30 points a game than my point guard. Just the way I am.

That's not what happens. You're just being cynical because you grew up in a different era. I'm sure I'll be the same way in 30 years

I think one thing we can take from this game with hezonja, he seems to get his power from doing something. you stick him in the corner and he doesn't touch the ball for a few minutes he zones out of the game. you give him a couple field goal attempts, let him bring the ball up, let him run a pick and roll and every part of his game improves.

Janis Timma has 16 and 8 against Puerto rico

and yes, arroyo is playing.

I totally forgot we had the rights to this dude. He might actually be worth bringing over in a year or two if we need wing help.

I think one thing we can take from this game with hezonja, he seems to get his power from doing something. you stick him in the corner and he doesn't touch the ball for a few minutes he zones out of the game. you give him a couple field goal attempts, let him bring the ball up, let him run a pick and roll and every part of his game improves.

Agreed- the coach needs to get him involved. I have no idea what the Croatian coach is doing though since he seems to have decided that running the offense through Bogdanovic is a great idea.

Five-thirty-eight's projections for next year are up.

They still are bullish on Payton, see slight improvement to Gordon, slight improvement to Hezonja, and seem to think Fournier has peaked.

Agreed- the coach needs to get him involved. I have no idea what the Croatian coach is doing though since he seems to have decided that running the offense through Bogdanovic is a great idea.

I don't know if the coach is good. he's got a solid resume but he seems to do everything wrong when coaching at the national level.

it's not wrong to have the offense run through bogdanovic. it is wrong to run the offense through bogdanovic the way they're doing it.

much of Croatia's offense is:

run wing off of screen to get movement with the point guard at the top of the key and bogdanovic at the opposite wing of the action.

offense stalls here or the point guard passes the ball to the wing and the offense stalls there

pass the ball to bogdanovic

bogdanovic isolation that tends to work early in the game but the other team figures out at halftime and bogdanovic ends up going 1/7 or something like that in the third quarter.

Croatia is at its best when they can move the ball, get some drive and kicks, get some Princeton offense going, stuff like that. Their entire team is a bunch of 6'5-6'10 shooters. build off of ball movement. watch tape of the spurs. don't just have guys standing around.

so right now we have 84.5 million on the books for next year. that's for the ibaka cap hold, biyombo, Fournier, vucevic, augustin, Gordon, hezonja, payton, and a waived Watson.

if the cap is 102 million next year, a 7-9 year max is going to be 28.8 million.

102- 28.8 = 73.2 million.

84.5-73.2= 11.3 million = the money we need to cut.

so right now we have 84.5 million on the books for next year. that's for the ibaka cap hold, biyombo, Fournier, vucevic, augustin, Gordon, hezonja, payton, and a waived Watson.

if the cap is 102 million next year, a 7-9 year max is going to be 28.8 million.

Vuch

damn

Let's say the target is Westbrook - I'd rather ship out Augustin. We'd still be $4M short, if things stay as it.

Gotta pray the projection doesn't hold true and it's higher than $102M. I would be a kick in the nuts if we miss out on a max FA because of a few million (going with wanting to keep Vuc and not just dump him).

Janis Timma has 16 and 8 against Puerto rico

and yes, arroyo is playing.

Coming from the bench, Arroyo contributed 14 points and 5 assists, and a big shot from beyond the arc with 35 seconds and a steal at the end to seal Puerto Rico's victory ...

Coming from the bench, Arroyo contributed 14 points and 5 assists, and a big shot from beyond the arc with 35 seconds and a steal at the end to seal Puerto Rico's victory ...

In case someone wants to see the highlights