Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Frank said Aaron will likely start at SF

so vuc (or biyombo)-ibaka-gordon-fournier-payton

the other center-green-hezonja-meeks-augustin

did he?

please tell me this happened because that would be awesome.

Haha he definitely did LOL!

Frank says big man rotation will be:

Ibaka at 4, AG and Green backups

Vuc/Bis at 5, Ibaka as backup

You might want to check your math. The estimated state tax rate for Orlando players is 2.92%, and the rate for Chicago players is 4.72%, a difference of 1.8%. Based on a 2 year salary of $47M, he is only losing $846,000.

My bad.

I'd like our roster a lot more if meeks wasn't going to complain about minutes.

(in reality I realize that Gordon is probably going to spend a handful of minutes at the 4 but this is easier)

if vucevic and biyombo both split center minutes 24/24

ibaka gets 32 minutes at the 4 green gets 16 mintues at the 4

Gordon gets 32 minutes at the 3, hezonja 10 minutes at the 3, green gets 6 minutes at the 3

Fournier gets 32 minutes at the 2, hezonja gets 12 minutes at the 2, augustin gets 4 minutes at the 2

payton gets 30 minutes at the 1 augustin gets 18 minutes at the 1.

I'd like our roster a lot more if meeks wasn't going to complain about minutes.

(in reality I realize that Gordon is probably going to spend a handful of minutes at the 4 but this is easier)

if vucevic and biyombo both split center minutes 24/24

ibaka gets 32 minutes at the 4 green gets 16 mintues at the 4

Gordon gets 32 minutes at the 3, hezonja 10 minutes at the 3, green gets 6 minutes at the 3

Fournier gets 32 minutes at the 2, hezonja gets 12 minutes at the 2, augustin gets 4 minutes at the 2

payton gets 30 minutes at the 1 augustin gets 18 minutes at the 1.

Meeks will get plenty min on alot of nights when Evan is bad. And depending on matchups he could get time at the 3.

3. What's the most surprising deal made by an East team?

Haberstroh: Orlando signing Bismack Biyombo for four years. I thought the Magic were set with Gordon, Nikola Vucevic and Serge Ibaka as their starting backline, but Biyombo's presence complicates all that. I can see Biyombo being a good fit if Ibaka's not there, but this deal gave me all of the thinking-face emojis. It seems Orlando spent just to spend.

Thorpe: Orlando's move to get Biyombo, only because of what most people thought of him just five months ago. I've always been a fan and felt he just needed to play for a good coach and inside a sound system. He had that in Toronto, and I think he can have that again in Orlando. If he regresses it will look like a disastrous deal, but I see real hope for this move to pay off.

Doolittle: Beyond Rondo and Howard, it's the Knicks signing Brandon Jennings. One year, $5 million is small but, man, I'd much rather have Langston Galloway backing up that position. And how awkward is it going to be if Jennings outplays Derrick Rose? It could definitely happen.

Engelmann: I like Biyombo as a player, but I was very confused that the Magic were the team that ultimately signed him. After Biyombo's strong performance in the playoffs, where he was plugged into the starting unit as Jonas Valanciunas went down with injury, many believed Biyombo would go to a team where he could start. Orlando, though, already has Vucevic at the center position.

Pelton: Orlando signing Biyombo for $72 million over four years. No, really, it has been that kind of summer for the Magic!

This wasn't a good or bad deal so much as a curious one given that Orlando already has Vucevic at center. If the Magic make Vucevic the offensive focal point of their second unit or finish games with Biyombo as a defensive upgrade, this could work well. But it's certainly surprising.

http://espn.go.com/n...-conference-nba

Meeks will get plenty min on alot of nights when Evan is bad. And depending on matchups he could get time at the 3.

who would you like to bench to play meeks?

the lineup doesn't work without trading vucevic.

EDIT: or benching meeks. or giving up on Hezonja.

ultimately, we're going to have to set a 9 man rotation with another 3 guys that are comfortable playing 4-12 minutes per game on the average night.

right now we have a 10 man rotation with 1 additional guy playing 4-12 minutes on the average night (Watson).

the roster looks a lot better both short term and long term with:

biyombo (28)/ Ibaka 20

ibaka (15) Gordon (20) Green (13)

Gordon (14)/hezonja (22) Green (8) Fournier (4)

Fournier (28)/ Meeks (20)

Payton (30)/ Augustin (18)

then you build off of that rotation. if meeks sucks one night you give hezonja big minutes.

You don't want a ton of guys in your base rotation because it limits how you can borrow minutes and adjust the rotation.

ultimately, we're going to have to set a 9 man rotation with another 3 guys that are comfortable playing 4-12 minutes per game on the average night.

right now we have a 10 man rotation with 1 additional guy playing 4-12 minutes on the average night (Watson).

biyombo (28)/ Ibaka 20

then you build off of that rotation. if meeks sucks one night you give hezonja big minutes.

You don't want a ton of guys in your base rotation because it limits how you can borrow minutes and adjust the rotation.

VUC says hi

biyombo (28)/ Ibaka 20

Where does Vucevic fit in?