Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

So Im having this discussion with my portuguese friends.

Who do you think is a better player? Kawhi Leonard or Paul George?

PG hands down

George

Yes Id take George as well.

My friends are divided, but leaning Kawhi

I think they are pretty close. George is asked to do more, but Leonard is a better 3 point shooter and a better defender (though George is no slouch).

Yes Id take George as well.

My friends are divided, but leaning Kawhi

Well.. With last year team kawhi was my choice but with the current team I rather go with Paul George.

If i have to pick one to build a team around, I will go Paul George hands down.

Depends on the make up of your team but individually, PG.

not as crazy as you'd think. Everyone could offer Durant. only about a dozen teams are in the running for Westbrook. Sacramento, New York, Denver, Utah, Atlanta, Boston, Minnesota, phoenix, Brooklyn, Chicago, philly. and this is based on teams not adding any other free agent money now.

you could cut down half of those teams based on performance or weather.

so if we're 1/6 that's about a 16% chance of getting him.

If the Knicks have cap space it's over for everyone else. That fashionista is gonna wanna live in Manhattan. Plus they have a not so terrible team now.

you know

if the entire league is going small and we have two of the handful of guys that can defend guys on the perimeter and the post, wouldn't it make more sense to go big?

or maybe the idea that in a hypothetical point-sg-sf-ibaka-biyombo lineup you're limiting the value of Biyombo if the other team can pull him to the perimeter so you might as well play ibaka at 5.

man I wish we had a 5 that could punish the other team on offense and switch out to the perimeter on defense.

maybe this is all about chess moves. don't worry about golden state, worry about Cleveland. Biyombo drove Cleveland crazy as he could beat Thompson to rebounds and protect the rim against LeBron drives. Cleveland puts Frye in, we counter with ibaka at the 5. Team doesn't have a lineup that can exploit vucevic? put in Vucevic.

If the Knicks have cap space it's over for everyone else. That fashionista is gonna wanna live in Manhattan. Plus they have a not so terrible team now.

maybe we should pray for the rose/Jennings resurgence.

I love our frontcourt. AG Ibaka could be our death lineup but Biz and Vuc can give a lot of teams trouble.

I was one of the guys that wanted to trade Vuc, but now that we have Ibaka and Biz, I really want him to stay

Not necessarily. The spurs, hawks, heat, warriors etc all were worse offensive rebounding teams than we were last year. Indiana had 4 more than we did last year.

Bigger =/= more offensive rebounds

I would be shocked if we aren't an better offensive rebounding team next year than in the recent past. I assume most of us would