Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

No. Please, no. We do not need to stack up on your talent for the future. We have AG & Mario who are still no where near their potential. Trading Vuch for picks would be against everything Rob has been doing this summer.

I don't think it is. I completely understand where you all are coming from as many fans are sick of developing talent.

This view, however, is short sighted (In my opinion). Here are my reasons why getting draft picks for Vuch is a potentially good idea that should not be so quickly dismissed:

1. It will free up playing time at the 4 and 5.

2. The draft is one of the few ways to pick up talent

3. Draft picks are a good trade resource for later

4. Players on the rookie salary scale are generally the most cost efficient way to fill out a bench

5. Almost all competitive teams have young talent on their bench to either fill out the bench, or develop for the future.

If we can get a decent player in return that fills a need, then i understand that approach. Giving away our own draft picks can be very dangerous though.

If VUC is willing to buy into the team first concept and doesn't mind coming off the bench I think it would be a great idea to keep him. It looks like Henni and Vogel have made it clear what kind of identity they want our team to have and that is a defensive minded team. Players like Meeks and VUC are great off the bench because they can run up the score against other teams backups while the starters are resting. We will all have to wait and see what Vogel decides to do with the starting lineup but one thing I'm hoping is that we have 5 guys who step up and clam that role next season. The last couple of years have been so mind boggling in terms of the rotations.

If KD leaves, what's the chances of OKC trading Westbrook to rebuild?

Extremely low, a team centered around Westbrook is still a good team. Who else could they rebuild around?

Extremely low, a team centered around Westbrook is still a good team. Who else could they rebuild around?

He might just bolt next off season. Start the rebuild now.

Have y'all seen this one:

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

Magic have tried previously and rebuffed

SNAPLORD @ndorian92

@stevekylerNBA what about vuc and Aaron Gordan for jimmy butler?

Have y'all seen this one:

Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

Magic have tried previously and rebuffed

SNAPLORD @ndorian92

@stevekylerNBA what about vuc and Aaron Gordan for jimmy butler?

No thanks.