Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Maybe the plan is to hold out till near the deadline and make a blockbuster trade... Green, Meeks, Watson is over 26 million in expiring contracts

It kind of depends how the season is going/ who is available. We have a bunch of expiring contracts and picks to offer.

But we won't trade everything and kill future cap space unless it's the right player

Updating this with new numbers.

so a 4-6 year player is capped out at $22,134,035 in year one of the deal (i.e. Fournier or Barnes)

a 7-9 year player is capped out at $26,560,842 (Durant or Horford)

and a 10+ player is capped out at $30,987,649 (Dwight)

Alex Kennedy

Starting salaries for NBA max deals are official.

6 years experience: $22,116,750

7-9 years: $26,540,100

At least 10 years: $30,963,450

Man I was pretty close

If you take a closer look I think the Magic will be better than Washington, Carolina and Atl. Rose colored glasses? maybe but none of those teams scare me.

Yeah agreed. Charlotte and ATL definitely got worse. Washington did not make it last year and they just maxed out a guy who's MIA during the season.

I like our chances

Alex Kennedy

Starting salaries for NBA max deals are official.

6 years experience: $22,116,750

7-9 years: $26,540,100

At least 10 years: $30,963,450

Man I was pretty close

and you said back there, and I quote: I hate that we don't have legitimate experts to help educate the fan base.

a humble dude you are ...

Yeah, I hate that we don't have legitimate experts to help educate the fan base.

Josh Robbins does a good job. Wish he just had some more inside info

I see both plenty of love and plenty of hate here for Vuc. But I find him valuable as both a trade piece and a great provider of offense for as long as he's on the team. His contract is a steal. Whether or not we trade him, I expect Henny and other GM's to be very cognizant of that and we better hold out for a stud. His defense HAS BEEN a liability. We have to wait and see if that liability is minimized at all when you play him next to Ibaka, Gordon, or Biyombo, as well as what Frank has to teach him this year. Ibaka is not a lock-in to resign with us, players will get hurt, we might need Vuc to play big minutes this year or next year. I don't expect to see a trade for him go down during this summer. I think we wait to see some basketball first. Then even at the trade deadline, unless there is a disgruntled star that can be had for a deal, I don't expect him to go until we get a sense if Ibaka stays.

Ultimately, I think we need to be patient, for just one more year, with Vuc.

and you said back there, and I quote: I hate that we don't have legitimate experts to help educate the fan base.

a humble dude you are ...

I'm not an expert. I'm just a fan who spent enough time on here learning from people smarter than me and decided to read up on Larry Coon's cba faq. The gap between my knowledge and someone with actual ties to teams or league executives like a Zach Lowe or some of the local bloggers you run into for some of these other teams is pretty large.