Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Vuc essentially makes like 8 mil a year old cap wise, if he comes off the bench so what? He makes bench money in this landscape. He'll still probably get good minutes because he's the best scorer we have. Also with Biyombo being foul prone Vuc will need to step in. I really think we keep Vuc but I've been wrong before.

Even if Horford doesn't go to the Wizards, every team in our division is a good bet to make the playoffs. That leaves us fighting for two spots between eight other teams. So yea we're not a lock to make the playoffs like some here believe

If you take a closer look I think the Magic will be better than Washington, Carolina and Atl. Rose colored glasses? maybe but none of those teams scare me.

I bet Atlanta doesn't make the playoffs.

They lost a lot. Going in with dwight, Schrouder and an aging Korver, yuck.

What about Vuc for dirk. Dallas is clearly in rebuild. They get a young center pied to start over we get a vet that is able to score and more import efficiently

Lol no

Says Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider

Don't buy Vooch-Ibaka-Biyombo plan. Biyombo's least skilled of 3. Can you bring a $72 mill center off the bench? Trade him for a scorer.

also:

Do the Magic math: If reported prices and my calculations are correct, Orlando has spent $201 million in free agency....so far.

I KNOW I KNOW ... what does he know?

Says Brian K. Schmitz ‏@MagicInsider

Don't buy Vooch-Ibaka-Biyombo plan. Biyombo's least skilled of 3. Can you bring a $72 mill center off the bench? Trade him for a scorer.

also:

Do the Magic math: If reported prices and my calculations are correct, Orlando has spent $201 million in free agency....so far.

I KNOW I KNOW ... what does he know?

So he thinks we gave Biyombo a $72 mil contract so that we could trade him? Christ, wish I could get paid for spouting nonsense.

Schmitz is a turd and doesn't understand basketball. He's no more an expert on the subject than myself or anyone on this board, and that would be giving him the full benefit of the doubt.

Schmitz is a turd and doesn't understand basketball. He's no more an expert on the subject than myself or anyone on this board, and that would be giving him the full benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, I hate that we don't have legitimate experts to help educate the fan base.

Maybe the plan is to hold out till near the deadline and make a blockbuster trade... Green, Meeks, Watson is over 26 million in expiring contracts

If the Magic stand pat with the team as it is now this is what I think they should do.

EP, DJ

Mario, Fournier, Meeks

AG, Green

Ibaka, Green

Byombo, VUC