Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

But he almost has to be traded, we don't have any consistent offense on the roster. We'd be relying on a bunch of inconsistent/young guys to carry the load, I don't think Rob is that stupid. Loading up on front court players in FA to free up our best trade asset for offense sounds like the plan to me.

Vuc is our most consistent scorer so why trade him? He'd have more open looks now. Plus -- Hezonja. Fournier. Gordon. Ibaka. There's plenty of offense. Let's at least see how it goes.

Ban Wallace elevated his team's defense too with his intensity, you think Biyombo will do the same?

I can't see why not. Biyombo brings that same intensity and confidence to his team-mates that he'll have their back if a guy drives on them. Although he doesn't have much offence (Big Ben didn't either), big put-backs or alley oops always help getting team-mates and fans going as well.

People can debate who will/won't start. But at the end of the day I'll trust the judgement of Vogel. He will find the best starting unit, and the best second unit, and mix of players in-between. This is the luxury of having a really good coach.

I bet Vogel is eager to work with this team. We'll be a top 2 defense.

For those who are concerned about offense. Fixed for you:

1st unit

Augustin

Fournier

Hezonja

Ibaka

Vuc

2nd unit

Payton

Meeks

Green

Gordon

Biyombo

That's a pretty scary team folks...

And whoever says Biyombo is an overpay, or doesn't do enough to warrant the contract--please see Thompson, Tristian.

Not comparing their game, but neither of them can score, but both are/were vital parts to the success of their respective teams. The Cavs do not when a title without Thompson. I always ripped that signing but bottom-line is he is an integral part of that team.

Biyombo will be similar for us. He's an elite rebounder and shot blocker and at 23 he should continue to develop a better understanding of the game.

He is going to become the backbone of this team, much like he was during the playoffs for Toronto. He energized that entire team and fan base with his non stop relentlessness.

I cannot wait.

• Upvote 2

People can debate who will/won't start. But at the end of the day I'll trust the judgement of Vogel. He will find the best starting unit, and the best second unit, and mix of players in-between. This is the luxury of having a really good coach.

And a really good team. We have one now.

I think it's quite a stretch for you to include Hezonja and especially Gordon in your list of players who will provide offense, at least consistent offense. Fournier is the best of the bunch offensively (including our other FA signings) and even he had some pretty bad stretches last year. As it stands right now I think offense would be a pretty big issue with this team, and Vogel isn't really known as an offensive guru. The team desperately needs a consistent go to scorer in my opinion. I wouldn't mind keeping Vuc at all, would be great depth and give us some match up advantages, but a go to scorer would do much more for the team. If Rob finds a deal he likes we have to get it done.

Augustin

Meeks

Fournier

Ibaka

Vuc

How's that?