Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Holy crap we are so much bigger up front now! Is Vuc gonna get dealt?

no man, he is starting, biyombo is a backup, he has no offense,,, vuc not going anywhere unless for paul george

we need offense from the 1st lineup, vuc and fournier will be our main scorer... you can't play all the defensive guys with no scoring at the same time...

but we got the chief!!!! always wanted biyombo after that playoffs breakout... holy cow!!!! hooooo!!!!!!

this offseason is crazy good now....

Also insurance if ibaka walks, then we still have a lot of cap room with green gone too. Have room if ibaka stays too.

don't think we will let ibaka walk, we didn't give up RFA oladipo for nothing or unless next summer we get a better option than ibaka in free agency, but i doubt it, ibaka's defense and shooting is as premium as it gets, hard to top that, victor was just slightly above avg, ibaka is premium

Without seeing the numbers I don't know what role Biyombo is going to fill with us...

If it is a high priced contract, he should start and we'll end up moving Vucevic because I doubt we are bringing a high priced player in to sit on the bench.

If it is a fairly team friendly deal - whatever that is these days, perhaps Jeff Green level - then perhaps he could have a significant role off the bench while Ibaka and Vucevic start.

At this stage I am not sure how I feel about this move until I see the numbers and see whether he is slotting in as a starter or backup. If he is a starter, I think we need to upgrade our PG position through a trade, because Payton, Fournier, Green, Ibaka, and Biyombo is not going to scare anyone offensively. Heck, we slot Gordon into the starting line up and use Green off the bench, and boy does that offensive end look questionable. But defensively lots of athleticism and defensive potential.

Hearing that Orlando's four-year deal with Bismack Biyombo is likely to approach $70 million

Seems reasonable (in comparison)