Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

http://www.sportingn...so1q0emev4zun6z

I guess people dont think we are young anymore. I like the balance. I think we kept the young pieces we wanted. We have vuch 25 yrs, Ibaka 26yrs, Gordon 20 yrs, Hezonja 21 yrs, Payton 22 yrs, Fournier 23 yrs, Napier 24 yrs, Dedmon 26 yrs, Marble 23 yrs, and Zimmerman 19 yrs.

I do think we should have kept Nicholson: 47% FG%, 79% FT%, and 36% 3p%. I still think we are young and talented.

I'm not sure where PFTW is getting that we still have $19M left, I think we are actually done.

$42-43M going into free agency

$15.0M Jeff Green

$14.65M Fournier (starting salary on 5 yr/$85M figuring 7.5% raise/yr)

$4.75M Augustin (starting salary on 4 yr/$29M, figuring 4.5% raise/yr)

$6.5M Meeks trade

Those add up to $40.9M, so as far as I can tell, we probably only have a couple million left to work with, and we still have a cap hold for Dedmon taking part of that.

I'm not sure where PFTW is getting that we still have $19M left, I think we are actually done.

$15.0M Jeff Green

$6.5M Meeks trade

Those add up to $40.9M, so as far as I can tell, we probably only have a couple million left to work with, and we still have a cap hold for Dedmon taking part of that.

Remember, Fournier doesn't count as we can go over the cap to resign him and his cap hold was factored in to our cap room calculation previously

If you move Vuc and don't replace him with a center who can space the floor with a midrange jumper you better be getting back a starting offensive Playmaker or you are committed to starting Ibaka at the 5. The only reason we can consider a Payton-Fournier-Gordon-Ibaka-Vucevic lineup is because both Vucevic and Ibaka are pick and pop threats who can bring their defenders out of the paint to open up our drives. If you replace Vuc with Mahinmi in the starting lineup I think you'd have a lot of trouble offensively. Even if you started Mario at the 3.

I just see eventually Mario and Gordon possibly starting or that's the goal. Fournier to the bench? Maybe but I doubt it. That leaves Ibaka and Vuch.

$15.0M Jeff Green

$6.5M Meeks trade

All good information, but are we over the cap already?

Can we sign Mahinmi and keep Dedmon and Smith? Is that overkill? If so...would we keep two of them or do we only keep one? If you only have one choice I assume everyone's selection is Mahinimi?

Can we sign Mahinmi and keep Dedmon and Smith? Is that overkill? If so...would we keep two of them or do we only keep one? If you only have one choice I assume everyone's selection is Mahinimi?

I'd want dedmon. Not because he's better, but we need a guy that isn't going to complain if he's third string

I'd like to believe we'll be a playoff contender and can use him ourselves.

big chance he will be unhappy with a reduced role, he was unhappy in Detroit and requested a trade

I'd like to believe we'll be a playoff contender and can use him ourselves.

Well sure but if you can get something of value for him it'll probably be worth more than the 15 minutes or so a game he can provide considering he's expiring and we probably won't be keeping him long term.

Dedmon for me