Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I said it before and I'll say it again props to Henny. We all basically knew we wouldn't even get in the room with the top free agents and it looks like he delivered. Had to give up a fan favorite and all around nice guy in Dipo but we all know he is already real close to his ceiling. Ibaka gives this team a real inside presence and will hopefully cover some of Vuc's deficiencies. Meeks is just the definition of buying low if he works out great, you have another shooter. DJ perfect price for insurance if Payton doesn't do what we all hope. The real key is Fournier, he signed a sweet contract for the team he obviously wants to play for (we should all let him know that didn't go unnoticed). He is also the most hard nosed guy this team has has since dare I say it Keith Boggans. And Jeff Green 1 year contract how perfect is that. I like this team.

I said it before and I'll say it again props to Henny. We all basically knew we wouldn't even get in the room with the top free agents and it looks like he delivered. Had to give up a fan favorite and all around nice guy in Dipo but we all know he is already real close to his ceiling. Ibaka gives this team a real inside presence and will hopefully cover some of Vuc's deficiencies. Meeks is just the definition of buying low if he works out great, you have another shooter. DJ perfect price for insurance if Payton doesn't do what we all hope. The real key is Fournier, he signed a sweet contract for the team he obviously wants to play for (we should all let him know that didn't go unnoticed). He is also the most hard nosed guy this team has has since dare I say it Keith Boggans. And Jeff Green 1 year contract how perfect is that. I like this team.

Green, Meeks, and Augustin are all random 30 point game guys.

I wonder if there's going to be one night where they're all feeling it and we put up 130.

There's other nights where they're going to put up 16 combined

Agreed!

I see another trade coming from out of nowhere for some reason. If we could somehow move Watson with his bargain $5M a year deal and bring in Terence Jones/Harrison Barnes or Jones/Green I'd be happy. This would be an excellent 15 man roster.

Depth Chart:

PG: Payton/Augustin/Napier

SG: Fournier/Hezonja/Meeks

SF: Barnes/Hezonja/Marble

PF: Gordon/Jones/Zimmerman/Poythress

C: Ibaka/Vucevic/Dedmon

aren't you forgetting another PG, CJ Watson.

Anyways in other news, Dwight Clownard has signed to his hometown. On the side, Coach Bud must be really worried about his job at this point. :shard:

Not sure if you caught my reply to your post. I said my team is on the brink of a championship and can't be touched

--

In other news, do we still have room for Bismack Biyombo?

You thought that last year and I gotcha ;)

I actually hate how much I like our off-season. Like, I can't even complain. We did nothing great, but we did nothing stupid. We signed a bunch of good role players to reasonable contracts. We did nothing that is going to handicap us moving forward.

Also, I think people need to give Fournier some credit because he could have got more money elsewhere, or at least forced our hand to pay him more--but he wanted to be here. He wants to win here and see this thing out and I love that.

This is by far the best we've been since Dwight was here. I think we could be a 5-7 seed. Never know how a bunch of new guys are gonna gel but we have a deep roster with a great coach. This should be the start of it.

I actually hate how much I like our off-season. Like, I can't even complain. We did nothing great, but we did nothing stupid. We signed a bunch of good role players to reasonable contracts. We did nothing that is going to handicap us moving forward.

Also, I think people need to give Fournier some credit because he could have got more money elsewhere, or at least forced our hand to pay him more--but he wanted to be here. He wants to win here and see this thing out and I love that.

This is by far the best we've been since Dwight was here. I think we could be a 5-7 seed. Never know how a bunch of new guys are gonna gel but we have a deep roster with a great coach. This should be the start of it.

I kept waiting for the 4/60 deal for some league average guy

Also, with this being the east we could be anywhere from 2 to 10

Do U think Green will start for us?

He will for sure start at the beginning of the season.

Payton

Fournier

Green

Ibaka

Vuch

But IMO we will see a lot of AG & Ibaka and at some point maybe a starting lineup of Payton/Fournier/Green/AG/Ibaka. Then we're able to have instant offense off the bench with DJ/Meeks/Mario.

I like it. Let's not forget, Green is in a contract year--so are Meeks and Ibaka. That's never a bad thing.

I kept waiting for the 4/60 deal for some league average guy

Exactly. Instead, it was just a very simple yet well thought out plan of attack by Rob. I really don't know how anyone could be mad about what this team did the past 24 hours. We got a lot better.