Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Whiteside on the court is worth a max deal

The problem is there's a lot of thought he's going to get big money, say "mission accomplished", and go back to who he was.

I also like payton alot, he is very good with his dribble and is really fluid running offense... he doesn't look like someone such as lebron who dribbles/moves like a robot

I think ppl is too hard on Payton, dude can dribble, defend, penetrate, pass, physical, if he can continue to work on his jumper, he will be good, even if he doesn't turn out to be a starter, he is still better than someone like Jeremy Lin as of now who is about to get paid big time.

Yes, Payton is indeed very smooth with the ball. He smoothly dribbles into crowded lanes and puts up terrible shots, and smoothly stares down wide open jumpers, smoothly pounding the ball in defiance of defenders leaving him open. His offense is so fluid, it almost instantly molds into whatever the defense wants it to. He can indeed defend; those three or four minutes where he goes all out are always beautiful. And don't even get me started on when he physicals. So much talent, guys.

Bets on how long it will take us to sign (or agree to sign) our first Free Agent?

I give it day 3 and we'll have one of our free agents (un)officially on the books.