Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

We'll find out. I'm not going to act (nor should anyone else on here or anywhere) like I know what or who Rob is targeting. I do however feel that he has a plan and Ibaka was just the starting point.

Yeah but as far what options we have, it's slim. Durant (ain't happening), DeRozan and who else after that?

Yeah its still too slow and he shoots it from his forehead - ez to block and blocks vision.

Real slow. In the games he's gonna have hard time. Got more work to do son.

Real slow. In the games he's gonna have hard time. Got more work to do son.

Jason kidd had the same problems and he completely changed his shooting form and leg position and it payed off big time .

Jason kidd had the same problems and he completely changed his shooting form and leg position and it payed off big time .

If we're using the Kidd timetable, Payton will be a great shooter in 2023.

I think this trade can only be viewed in the context of what happens in FA. Like many, I hated the idea of it initially but I'm curious to see what moves will follow. I think part of the issue is that a deal like this would possibly make more sense to everyone if was the final move in a series of moves, and Ibaka was the last piece of the puzzle. As it stands we are just getting started and moves 2 and 3 are still unknown. A frontcourt rotation of Horford/Ibaka/AG is fairly appealing for example and would allow us to use Vuc to possibly acquire a scoring SG, perhaps this summer or at worst at the trade deadline. I'm not as concerned as most about Ibaka's age or decline in play as it does seem OKC expanded his role and was asking him to adapt and do things he may not have been entirely programmed to do. If Vogel returns his role to being a rim protecting stretch 4, I expect him to perform similarly to how he has for the majority of his career. All these things remain to be seen, but I do think it's a bit early to panic...just my two cents.

don't like his cost/production ratio

We're not exactly drowning in options, though.

Ibaka has all nba 1st team potential as a center. Could be a lot better than DeAndre

That DeAndre was named 1st team stupidly doesn't make Ibaka better than he is.

A trade of Oladipo for Ibaka is a step-sideways, trading one problem for a different one. Adding in that we gave up cap flexibility and a draft pick to do it makes this a bad trade on value.