Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I wish we could keep our pick and trade just Dipo and Ersan...maybe couple of 2nd rounders or whatever...We gave too much for Ibaka in my opinion but it can be still a very good move for us if we add more players in free agency...And yes, for sure Ibaka is not 26, coming from Africa and playing in Spain...those agents change passports and birth dates all the time...

Trading #11 may have been salary cap motivated. Guaranteed money going out was about $7M between Dipo and Ersan, and Ibakas contract is about $12M. If we keep the pick, we use about $7M of our available cap space. By trading it, it's closer to $5M. Now I'm sure OKC wanted Sabonis too, but it does preserve some cap space this offseason.

I'm not so against this trade. I was shocked at first but I think plugging Ibaka in the 5 spot, we become such a athletic, defensive team. Plus I like this better than overpaying Horford. Ibaka despite last year, is only 27 and has a lot more in the tank and I think Vogel will make it work.

This move does create more questions though. Who's the guy on the perimeter? I'm a big fan of Mario but are we ready to just hand him over the keys? Is Rob planning on a breakout year from Payton? I really don't see Fournier as that guy. Does Rob? Or do they plug Ibaka at the 4 and view AG as a 3 and Vogel tries to groom him in the mold as Paul George with more athleticism?

These questions are what I believe has caused frustration amongst some fans. It would be nice to know what Rob/Vogel are envisioning.

July 1st is right around the corner. We'll see what the next move is.

Go team Mario!

Yeah but is that what Henny/Vogel are thinking? Or is it team Fournier (hope not)? Or team Gordon? Or team Vuch?

My thing is, who's the guy you put the ball in their hands to get you consecutive baskets AND get others a basket if defenses collapses?

I think this is a beginning of something big. It just doesn't make any sense.. give up so many for Ibaka. DeRozan is on the way

Yeah but is that what Henny/Vogel are thinking? Or is it team Fournier (hope not)? Or team Gordon? Or team Vuch?

My thing is, who's the guy you put the ball in their hands to get you consecutive baskets AND get others a basket if defenses collapses?

This wasn't Oladipo either. The player your describing is hopefully who we sign in free agency.

This wasn't Oladipo either. The player your describing is hopefully who we sign in free agency.

No but despite his shortcomings, he was your best bet.

Who in FA?

No but despite his shortcomings, he was your best bet.

Who in FA?

We'll find out. I'm not going to act (nor should anyone else on here or anywhere) like I know what or who Rob is targeting. I do however feel that he has a plan and Ibaka was just the starting point.