Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Presser for what?

pre-draft stuff. gets to give talking points to the media as a courtesy.

Its to avoid multiple media outlets calling him today and tomorrow trying to get a comment for their stories.

The volume is very low in my computer.... sounds like big news. Lots of cameras flashing.

It's very general but I came away with the sense Henny is working the phones hard. I don't think we intend to keep the 11th pick.

It's very general but I came away with the sense Henny is working the phones hard. I don't think we intend to keep the 11th pick.

what did he say?

- we should be announcing full coaching staff shortly

- Frank is getting familiar with the guys and watching the draft workouts

- several conversations about trades and will continue to talk today and tomorrow

- doesn't see any separation from a group of 20-30 guys (DIALLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

- had close to 20 guys workout for #11 pick

- had a few more guys workout in case they decide to move around the draft order

- they got in everyone they wanted to workout

- uses the draft to get players based on their projections, not players to help win now. Will use FA to get those win-now players

short conference. Only 13 mins.

• Upvote 1

- we should be announcing full coaching staff shortly

- Frank is getting familiar with the guys and watching the draft workouts

- several conversations about trades and will continue to talk today and tomorrow

- doesn't see any separation from a group of 20-30 guys (DIALLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

- had close to 20 guys workout for #11 pick

- had a few more guys workout in case they decide to move around the draft order

- they got in everyone they wanted to workout

- uses the draft to get players based on their projections, not players to help win now. Will use FA to get those win-now players

short conference. Only 13 mins.

The last point you list is what I've been saying. We don't have significant minutes in the rotation for a rookie if we are trying to be a playoff team next season, so drafting for holes we have this season doesn't make sense unless they also project as the bpa on our board.

Jeff Teague to Indiana

George Hill to Utah.

no idea what is heading to Atlanta. exum?

edit:

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA · 19s20 seconds ago

Sources: Utah is sending the No. 12 pick in Thursday's Draft to Atlanta as part of deal that sends George Hill to Utah, Teague to Indy.