Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

slow time of the year news

our sideline reports calls kevin love a ***** and says mexicans arent smart

from reddit

For those of you that don't know Barstoolsports does a daily rundown show where they talk about random viral topics. The website said the video was accidentally deleted, but the guys joke at the end about how they'll have to hire her after what she said.

https://vimeo.com/170094194

password:STOOLREDDIT

The rundown doesn't start until the 11 minute mark. Most of the show is full of random topics, so watch the whole thing or skip ahead to the relevant parts.

11:15 mark: Emily Austen calls Kevin Love a little ***** and a diva.

24:45 mark: They talk about an undocumented Mexican student receiving full ride to U of Texas. She says "I didn't even know Mexicans were that smart."

26:10 mark: She makes an anti-Semitic joke about how Jews are stingy.

She goes onto say, "I'm not trying to be racist, but it's true."

Couldn't you guys tell by her face...that she was a walking c***. You all should be old enough to identify who's faking it for the cameras/job ethic. I'd bet she crumble when confronted of her falseness like other sociopaths. But then again, she is on her off time.

All that makeup every night to cover her insecurities. Its whatever. I wouldn't have been surprised if our previous 3 reporters were douche bags off work. Its natural. Gotta vent the forced political correctness in the workplace by drinking, smoking, and cursing a storm off work.

It's the easy connection. Parsons grew up in Central Florida and went to UF, so people just look at those two things and assume. I'm sure Parsons would entertain coming here, but I don't think interest is mutual. It's the same people that are spreading the Parsons, Noah and Horford all to the Magic rumors strictly because they went to UF.

I mean, I understand Horford and think you can fairly trust those rumors, but bringing in Noah as anything but a vet that can rip into our guys when they are being knuckleheads and play a couple of minutes a night would be a mistake, I believe. Noah is most likely done being a big minute game changer. Someone will probably offer him a stupidly big contract(compared with what he is currently worth) and I hope that isn't us.

Parsons, on the other hand, is overrated and is most likely angling for another big contract. He also is unlikely to move the needle much on the team.

[/size]

Trading for Butler could entice a top free agent (Horford) to us. Unfortunately I think it would cost us Vooch, Dipo, and #11 to outbid Boston.

Don't want Butler. I tried to get on the train but I don't see what he does for us that Dipo does not at least come close to on a much much cheaper rate. If we could get them together I'd be ok with it but Gordon would need to improve on the outside and we would need to retain Fournier or another 3 point threat.

I just cant get on board with him.

Couldn't you guys tell by her face...that she was a walking c***. You all should be old enough to identify who's faking it for the cameras/job ethic. I'd bet she crumble when confronted of her falseness like other sociopaths. But then again, she is on her off time.

All that makeup every night to cover her insecurities. Its whatever. I wouldn't have been surprised if our previous 3 reporters were douche bags off work. Its natural. Gotta vent the forced political correctness in the workplace by drinking, smoking, and cursing a storm off work.

You will often find idiocy is mistaken for malice. Where you see a sociopath, I see a simpleton.

No, I always thought she reminded me of my sister in law with those dead eyes. And my sister in law is a sociopath, for sure, documented. They have that same thing where their face smiles but their eyes don't. It's creepy.

It's the easy connection. Parsons grew up in Central Florida and went to UF, so people just look at those two things and assume. I'm sure Parsons would entertain coming here, but I don't think interest is mutual. It's the same people that are spreading the Parsons, Noah and Horford all to the Magic rumors strictly because they went to UF.

haven't we learned our lesson from the "magic connection" bs?

we do not need any local connections. but i fear the magic will pay noah absurd money when he's pretty much done

If Parsons and Howard are our summer targets and signings, I'm going to be suffering from the sads.

Dwight, although still an ok player, is a shell of his former self and starting to get injury prone and isn't getting younger. Plus, he hasn't honed his limited skillset to make up for his fading athleticism, so he'll be in a bit of trouble soon I think. Parsons... I'm worried about his knee(s) and I don't see him as a big factor going forward.

I might be wrong, but I want Robbie and Vogel to swing hard for the fences and do whatever they can to lure Durant here.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

If they can't... then I guess it's Howard and Parsons. I'm going to be biting my fingers off until big names are signed, sigh...

If Parsons and Howard are our summer targets and signings, I'm going to be suffering from the sads.

Dwight, although still an ok player, is a shell of his former self and starting to get injury prone and isn't getting younger. Plus, he hasn't honed his limited skillset to make up for his fading athleticism, so he'll be in a bit of trouble soon I think. Parsons... I'm worried about his knee(s) and I don't see him as a big factor going forward.

I might be wrong, but I want Robbie and Vogel to swing hard for the fences and do whatever they can to lure Durant here.

If they can't... then I guess it's Howard and Parsons. I'm going to be biting my fingers off until big names are signed, sigh...

First, I appreciate your John Lennon reference, and I agree that Durant could be our savior. One of the biggest knocks on our ability to attract a big name free agent is because we are a small market team. That does not come into play in regards to Durant. Last year he had the 7th highest income (over 54M) of all professional athletes and he played for one of the smallest markets in the country. The majority of this income comes from the 10 year contract that he signed with Nike in 2014, which means he has 8 more years of guaranteed endorsement money. He never complained about playing for a small market team, and has always appeared to be the kind of guy who actually prefers it. By all accounts, he is a family man. I'm sure that his family would prefer living in a Disney town with warm winters as opposed to what they have experienced in the god forsaken state of Oklahoma. No state income tax will allow him to keep that much more of his contract and endorsement money. Of course the key is we need to sign another player who will entice him because our current roster probably not going to do the trick. If we have to package anybody and everybody on this team to make it happen, then do it.

haven't we learned our lesson from the "magic connection" bs?

we do not need any local connections. but i fear the magic will pay noah absurd money when he's pretty much done

It's lazy reporting. "UF guys reconnecting in Orlando...Sure that's an obvious observation to base a rumor on...Roll with it..."

When Rob said he's going after someone who delivers on the court, I think Durant is the obvious target. That whole interview, I can't find it anywhere right now, screamed Durant to me.

You look at the free agents and the one who could potentially leave, the one who's actually admitting that he'll talk with other teams, who delivers consistently on the court, Durant is the only one who matches up.

If we somehow manage to get Al Horford to sign here, with Noah maybe for a minimum (doubtful?)... I guess Durant could see us as a perfect fit, both for basketball reasons (hi, Stern) and family reasons. After that, we could match whatever Fournier gets and we're set. I'm no expert when it comes to these salary numbers and the cap, but could we somehow end up with Horford, Durant, Noah and keep Fournier? Maybe then draft Skal or Poeltl?

PG: Payton

SG: Oladipo

SF: Durant

PF: Gordon

C: Horford

Vucevic

Noah

Fournier

Hezonja

Watson

Dedmon

Smith

Napier

Skal/Poeltl?

If we'd get Noah AND Horford, that makes me think we'd trade Vuc. Or, could we use Vuc as a C and Horford at PF? We'd have a SF/PF/C rotation of Durant, Mario, Fournier, Gordon, Horford, Noah and Vuc... epic, but... realistically possible?

I'm too much of a dreamer, I need realistic voices in my head.

I summon realistic posters to respond to this post!