Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

He fell into my timeline somehow and I've been combating anyone who tries to argue we only have relatively limited cap space. For some reason there's a ton of writers who think we plan to keep guys like Jennings and Ilyasova and estimate our cap space at something like 32 million. That's misleading. We might choose to retain those players but we also have the ability to offer two max contracts at the 30% rate if we choose to go that route (well, close to at least. Definitely if we trade Shabazz). It's entirely in our control.

I'm completely with you. If we re-sign Jennings, I'll be shocked.

He fell into my timeline somehow and I've been combating anyone who tries to argue we only have relatively limited cap space. For some reason there's a ton of writers who think we plan to keep guys like Jennings and Ilyasova and estimate our cap space at something like 32 million. That's misleading. We might choose to retain those players but we also have the ability to offer two max contracts at the 30% rate if we choose to go that route (well, close to at least. Definitely if we trade Shabazz). It's entirely in our control.

We almost traded Shabazz to Chi at the deadline. I think they look to revisit that again in 3 weeks. Also won't be surprised if they decide to ship out Watson to clear his salary for more space. Not like he helped us last year anyway.

If we're in the market for another vet backup PG, who do you guys like?

I'm really hoping Brooklyn waives Jack and we can pick him. I like LIn, but he may be too expensive. Trading for Jameer for won't be bad either.

Bring Durant and Horford to us with this same roster and we are going to the NBA finals next season instantly.

One can dream

If KD doesn't intend to end his career in OKC, doesn't it make sense for him to sign a two year deal, or longer with an early out, and leave this year? Two reasons. First, he gets an opportunity for a probationary period in the new location. If the team doesn't mesh, the town doesn't feel like home, etc., he is back on the market and moving on. Second, get the clock rolling on his early bird rights so he can recoup the lose he will take in year 10 by not resigning with OKC.

Today I learned there's a section of magic fans that think vucevic is better than Towns.

Got that WMD right chea'.

Were they on some type of drugs when they told you that?

I will turn 65 years old this month, and will admit to having done practically every hallucinogen known to man during the 60's and 70's, but I would have to back away from what they took. That's not getting high, it's thinking that insanity is cool.

Shams CharaniaVerified account

‏@ShamsCharania

Atlanta and Philadelphia are discussing a deal centered on a Jeff Teague and Nerlens Noel package, league sources tell The Vertical.

I went to NBA.com and then to Players, then did the thing where you compare two players. I compared Towns and Vucevic. The stats are actually very close. Towns has a lot of potential, but for now I will stick with Vucevic. If you compare his stats with the other starting centers, and look at the whole thing and not focus on just one line, he is not as bad as so many of you seem to think he is. The ones I think are high, are the ones who think we can bring back Howard.

I will turn 65 years old this month, and will admit to having done practically every hallucinogen known to man during the 60's and 70's, but I would have to back away from what they took. That's not getting high, it's thinking that insanity is cool.