Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

i believe that elfrid's development is key to next year, i thought he played very well last season until he started getting hurt, i believe that coach vogel will get this kid's confidence up and he can be a difference maker

also i would like to see vooch stretch his range to 3 point territory there is no reason why he can't do it, that way we could utilize aaron more in pick and roll

i believe that elfrid's development is key to next year, i thought he played very well last season until he started getting hurt, i believe that coach vogel will get this kid's confidence up and he can be a difference maker

also i would like to see vooch stretch his range to 3 point territory there is no reason why he can't do it, that way we could utilize aaron more in pick and roll

Getting Aaron moving off the ball is going to make him that much more of a dangerous player.

I do think however, for him to be utilized to his maximum potential in the PnR, he is going to need to reach a respectable level for 3PT%.

Once this happens, you will see how much it opens up his options once he receives the ball out of the PnR.

If he pops, he can knock down an open three (If he becomes decent), or he can blow by slower opponents going to the rim, dishing, kicking, dunking, finishing.

Not to mention, him having a respectable three ball, will open up lanes for ball handlers in PnR, and create lanes for Gordon to cut as the PF guarding him, will need to be higher in order to close out. Aarons speed is something we need to use to our advantage, with him slipping screens and cutting to the hoop.

Reading everything over the past month or so leads me to believe a lot of fans are a year ahead of where our actual team is.

I honestly think we need one more year to see wtf happens with our current roster.

Mind you if we are offered a player/package that immediately improves our team while also does not hinder us later on im all for it.

I just think that no big changes this year will give us a better understanding of what we actually have.

I wouldnt be upset if we ended up not landing any big names and maybe added some complimentary pieces.

Payton needs to play with a lot more intensity and motivation. There are times he looks like he will be one of the best point guards we have had, but he needs to show that much more consistently.

I think elf took a step forward with his jump shot last year. If he makes similiar progress this offseason then i think teams will need to guard him on the perimeter and that'll open up the lanes.

I think elf took a step forward with his jump shot last year. If he makes similiar progress this offseason then i think teams will need to guard him on the perimeter and that'll open up the lanes.

The key to Payton is staying aggressive.