Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Payton/Mario/Durant/AG/Whiteside or Horford

Fournier off the bench. Or we let Fournier go, Mario comes off the bench and Dipo starts. Doubt we let him go though. Wonder if he'd be willing to resign for less?

Or

Payton/Butler/Mario/AG/Horford

Fournier would start but Mario takes over by mid season. Use the cap to sign Batum and some vets.

With the new cap, does everyone realize how crazy underpaid Vooch is? Wowzers

This is why Vuch isn't going anywhere unless it nets us a Butler type player. Vuch is a damn good center with known limitations, but his amazing contract makes him an absolute bargain. It would be completely stupid to let Vuch go. You wanna enhance the interior D, that's fine, but we can still do that and keep Vuch here.

Watch what happens if they lose in the first round for the third year in a row.

Hey, we're off to a good start. I'm def going hard for the Pacers. If the Pacers (as a 7 seed) knock off the Raptors (as a 2 seed) I'd say DD has to consider leaving pretty strongly. And that wouldn't mean he's coming to Orlando, but he might listen to our pitch.

Hey, we're off to a good start. I'm def going hard for the Pacers. If the Pacers (as a 7 seed) knock off the Raptors (as a 2 seed) I'd say DD has to consider leaving pretty strongly. And that wouldn't mean he's coming to Orlando, but he might listen to our pitch.

Not impressed with DD at all -- he always seems to fail in the playoffs.

This is why Vuch isn't going anywhere unless it nets us a Butler type player. Vuch is a damn good center with known limitations, but his amazing contract makes him an absolute bargain. It would be completely stupid to let Vuch go. You wanna enhance the interior D, that's fine, but we can still do that and keep Vuch here.

Agreed. The Mavericks have built yearly play off teams, some of which played excellent defence, with Dirk Nowitzki in the team. Granted he's one of the best shooters to play the game and he's a future hall of fame player, but he has never really been a dominant defensive player at his position. He's by no means terrible, he's simply above average on the defensive end, similar to Vuc. He's not terrible, but he's not dominant. But that shouldn't stop us making him a key piece of the puzzle going forwards because he's clearly good enough to be a starting center in this league, and with the right supporting cast, we can compensate for any defensive short comings.