Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

It's hard to argue with someone who has mostly ad-hominem attacks in his argument.

My argument has been clear from the beginning. At this point I am just beating a dead horse.

Jesus man, you really think thats the difference between Dwight and NBA champions like Lebron, Kobe and Shaq? Wtf.

Stop beating yourself then.

Attitude is probably more important if not equally as skill. Two of those players hated each other and probably could've won more rings if their egos weren't in the way. The other wouldn't have won shi if he had stayed.

Deliver what man? What do you want him to deliver? A ship? In an era where we watched Lebron get his only ships by quitting on his hometown team and forming a friggin super team in south beach? You want Dwight to win one with Jameer as your next best player? Or with a 33 year old soft as charming SG as your next best player, Mr. Fools Gold? Oh you want him to win one with Kobe who couldn't even play with Shaq long and playing for a coach who basically dismissed defense entirely. You also want him to win one with a defenseless, out of shape, black hole in Harden.

I think you want him to be something more than anyone else because you were a fan.

And in all those situations mentioned he still was not able to consistently, or hardly ever, get the ball in his hands with a game in the balance. Hell even when his own team wouldn't give him the ball his opponents fouled him intentionally and allowed him to fail at the stripe. I mean are you really suggesting that Dwight is a closer and just hasn't been afforded the opportunity? Is that seriously the discussion we're having here?

And in all those situations mentioned he still was not able to consistently, or hardly ever, get the ball in his hands with a game in the balance. Hell even when his own team wouldn't give him the ball his opponents fouled him intentionally and allowed him to fail at the stripe. I mean are you really suggesting that Dwight is a closer and just hasn't been afforded the opportunity? Is that seriously the discussion we're having here?

No I wouldn't classify him as a closer. Not with that free throw percentage but I don't blame him for wanting to be and I believe now like I did then that he should've been a bigger jerk about it. He was a star big man. He was considered a superstar who was the next great big. He should've gone 100% jerk mode about it. At least there's no confusion. That's what fans want from their star players. To put their head down and get the shi done or at least try to.

Dwight overthinks things which causes him to be to on the fence. Doing this never bodes well because the world is seen by most as black and white. Especially in pro sports. He should've just acted like a complete jerk. Scowl up and rail on your teammates. It's what Kobe, LeBron, even Durant does.

No I wouldn't classify him as a closer. Not with that free throw percentage but I don't blame him for wanting to be and I believe now like I did then that he should've been a bigger jerk about it. He was a star big man. He was considered a superstar who was the next great big. He should've gone 100% jerk mode about it. At least there's no confusion. That's what fans want from their star players. To or their head down and get the shi done or at least trynl to.

Dwight overthinks things which causes him to be to on the fence. Doing this never bodes well because the world is seen by most as black and white. Especially in pro sports. He should've just acted like a complete jerk. Scowl up and rail in your teammates. It's what Kobe, LeBron, even Durant does.

You're describing mental and/or testicular fortitude which it sounds like we both agree he lacks. Point I'm making is that closer's close. They don't talk about it, or just want to really badly, they go out and do or they fail trying. I believe Dwight is on the fence because he wants to close (I really believe he does) but he doesn't possess the requisite skills, mental toughness, and trust of his teammates to actually get it done. It's an unfortunate thing for him, because at this point it's looking like this will be part of his legacy of underachievement. Off to a barbecue...enjoy your Memorial Day.

You're describing mental and/or testicular fortitude which it sounds like we both agree he lacks. Point I'm making is that closer's close. They don't talk about it, or just want to really badly, they go out and do or they fail trying. I believe Dwight is on the fence because he wants to close (I really believe he rally does) but he doesn't possess the requisite skills, mental toughness, and trust of his teammates to actually get it done. It's an unfortunate thing for him, because at this point it's looking like this will be part of his legacy of underachievement. Off to a barbecue...enjoy your Memorial Day.

Maybe. I think it's more of being in his own mind too much which he admitted to. Dude just needs to stop thinking and take what he wants. Trust himself. You could see it when talking with Kenny and Charles when they were advising him.

Enjoy your barbecue.

To those who sacrificed their lives fighting for ours...I am deeply thankful.

Watching the GS-OKC series, I really don't want Dwight. I simply believe the game has become so much faster and smaller that he'd become a liability come playoff time. If it were the Dwight of 5 to 8 years ago, with all of that youthful athleticism, sure. Now? No thanks.

lol, I'm done. Never thought we should or will sign him.

I dont think we are done here.

I think Dwight is a jerk and I dont think anyone will offer him a max. At least in places he might consider playing. I see only Two options where he wants to play. Those are Dallas and Orlando. I dont think any of those two teams will pay him anything above 18 per year.

Then there are teams like Boston, Portland he might consider yet I dont see them paying him max money either.

If it is for the money he will likely end up in charlotte or a depleted Atlanta team. This are probably the only teams that are interested and can offer him max money. Atlanta only of they loose Horford and Teague in the offseason.

And i see Boston after either Okafor or Noel instead.

I honestly think it will be between Dallas, Portland and Orlando.

He is not getting max money.

Watching the GS-OKC series, I really don't want Dwight. I simply believe the game has become so much faster and smaller that he'd become a liability come playoff time. If it were the Dwight of 5 to 8 years ago, with all of that youthful athleticism, sure. Now? No thanks.

I Agree with you. We have a perfect guy in Gordon than can play PF and can guard big guys. if we can just get a guy like Horford then we will be all set.

He opted out of Houston. I hope to Basketball gods that he doesn't come to Orlando. The team been through enough problems already.

I think Rob is pretty dead set against it so I wouldn't stress it.

Howard said he was going into the off season to train hard. Kinda interested to see how that goes.