Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

That assumes the 1st wife is dumb enough to take on a 3-time loser who burned her once already, and that she is still trying to recover from.

If I ever divorced my wife and went back to her after 2 other failed marriages because I realized she was the best thing to ever happen to me I would work hard to keep her the 2nd time around especially if she forgave me for the past mistakes. You're Welcome!

So using this analogy, is Dwight now going through his third nasty divorce?

Sometimes you go through the junk to find out what you first had was the best thing.

Again, I'm not saying we should resign him.

That assumes the 1st wife is dumb enough to take on a 3-time loser who burned her once already, and that she is still trying to recover from.

If the first wife is desperate enough to attempt to get back to the lifestyle they once had, anything is possible.

Alex Martins is desperate enough.

If the first wife is desperate enough to attempt to get back to the lifestyle they once had, anything is possible.

This is a fair point. While Martins, DeVos family and everyone at the top of the organization were on board with the rebuild plan the four years that have followed have been the worst four year stretch this franchise has seen since it's first years after birth in the early 90s. But even that that fourth season the team went .500 and missed the playoffs on a tie breaker.

These past four seasons have been so bad that the franchise has dropped below .500 all time with a current winning percentage of 49%. We're now at a point in the rebuild where the team isn't good enough to compete for anything but isn't bad enough to get the star we need out of the lottery. Which is what the franchise tried to avoid by trading Dwight for cap space, picks and young players rather than proven players that would've kept the team competitive.

We are at a crossroads here and it might make this franchise desperate enough to consider a reunion with Dwight. Would it be the right move? Nobody knows, but all I do know is this roster needs something this offseason. The rebuild hasn't gone as planned and we don't have time to sit around and develop youngsters anymore. We've wasted enough of my life on this rebuild, let's win some damn games. Vogel is a step in the right direction, now we need some veteran players to help change the culture in the locker room. If the Magic choose Dwight to do that, I understand it is a risky gamble but it's one I'll be okay with and I'll cheer for the guy again and hope that things can finally be right with both sides rather than just be petty about the past. I would totally prefer Al Horford, but I think he's destined to end up in Boston. Which btw, I'm totally jealous of their rebuild. They re-loaded so fast and are now looking to be the best rising team in the East and could be LeBron's toughest competition out here once again.

Henny has done a good job dumping contracts, and putting this team in a position to sign meaningful free agents. So far, he has struck out. I'm on board with his draft picks only because we have not been in a position to draft someone who is a potential game changer. I think that it's a real possibility that Dwight wants to come back here and play for the only team that he enjoyed playing for. If Henny refuses to consider this option, he sure better spend that money on something that works, or will be looking for a job next summer. He has done nothing to convince me that he is capable of signing a player who will be a meaningful starter here. In his defense, this team is probably not on any All Star's wish list because we have been a below .500 team for too many years now. I hate what Dwight pulled when he left, but he could absolutely be our best option this summer, and those that don't believe it might want to remove your rose colored glasses.

Henny has done a good job dumping contracts, and putting this team in a position to sign meaningful free agents. So far, he has struck out. I'm on board with his draft picks only because we have not been in a position to draft someone who is a potential game changer. I think that it's a real possibility that Dwight wants to come back here and play for the only team that he enjoyed playing for. If Henny refuses to consider this option, he sure better spend that money on something that works, or will be looking for a job next summer. He has done nothing to convince me that he is capable of signing a player who will be a meaningful starter here. In his defense, this team is probably not on any All Star's wish list because we have been a below .500 team for too many years now. I hate what Dwight pulled when he left, but he could absolutely be our best option this summer, and those that don't believe it might want to remove your rose colored glasses.

The quote where Hennigan supposedly told ticket holders that Dwight won't be a part of this team as long as he's GM is foolish. Pretty much anything should be on the table to make this team better. There are other free agents I'd like to see first, but if we strike out with Horford, Whiteside, etc. we should at least consider Dwight.

The quote where Hennigan supposedly told ticket holders that Dwight won't be a part of this team as long as he's GM is foolish. Pretty much anything should be on the table to make this team better. There are other free agents I'd like to see first, but if we strike out with Horford, Whiteside, etc. we should at least consider Dwight.

When Kenny and Charles were advising him to go where he can get a championship, I don't think they were implying Orlando.. I think he ring chases and tries for GSW, Spurs, etc

who on earth wants to play with him? harden wanted to play with him until he had to actually deal with him, dwight has never been able to recruit guys because of his reputation around the league

Where's the proof for this? Is the standard now hearsay to determine fact from fantasy?

They only played three years and in one of those years they made the conference finals. So I guess they dealt with each other OK?

So using this analogy, is Dwight now going through his third nasty divorce?

Dwight played one season in LA and and 3 in Houston. He played 9 here and if we're going to be fair we really didn't hear much for about 8 seasons. Even in years 1 and 2 in Houston you really didn't hear too much.

I think what's kind of interesting in all this is that all this talk has actually made Dwight underrated which kind of works to the Magic's advantage. If he really wants to come here they could put some serious pressure for a hometown discount and a take it or leave it kinda thing.

The word cancer is used so liberally nowadays.

Have people already forgotten the "Dwightmare"? He was absolutely a cancer. An extremely virulent case of herpes at the very least.

Not that it matters, but I would be very disappointed in this organization if they took him back.

I've never been Dwight's teammate. He gets pouty at the refs but that says nothing about his teammate skills.

At the end, he repeatedly threw his teammates, and his coach, under the bus in the media. That alone makes him a terrible teammate.

How many times have we heard of a divorced couple getting remarried, only to divorce again later? That second divorce happens when they realize it just don't work and they have made a mistake. Again.

The ideal solution has been overlooked: The DwightMare goes to Cleveland. They have one good season, then they get a new front office, a new coaching staff, and 14 new names on their roster.

Then, an Orlando Magic team rises up and becomes a dominating force in the NBA East. Key word being Team.