Sign in to follow this  
Catalina Maria

Debate: Should we welcome Dwight Howard back?

The Houston Rockets on Monday received an official warning from the league office regarding Dwight Howard's admitted use of Stickum in a recent game against the Atlanta Hawks. Sources said Monday that will be the extent of the punishment for Howard and the Rockets.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15037229/no-fine-nba-issues-warning-rockets-dwight-howard-admitted-stickum-use

Man, if this would've happened while he was playing for the Magic, at least he probably would've gotten a suspension ... "and justice for all"

He also believed using stickum was a good idea.

Kidding aside, this article basically says he wants to be the focal point again on offense. I thought this wasn't what we wanted.

He also believed using stickum was a good idea.

Kidding aside, this article basically says he wants to be the focal point again on offense. I thought this wasn't what we wanted.

I am down for whatever gets us back in contention..

I am not opposed to inside out style with him to free up outside shooting like the SVG era.. he just can't force shots and whine about calls, etc..

With that said.. if a change is in order at the 5, I would rank the targets as follows:

1. Trade for Cousins

2. Whiteside - cheaper max

3. Horford

4. Howard

Me too but you can't use poor judgement in making decisions like this

he just can't force shots and whine about calls, etc..

Cmon do you really think that's gonna happen? Might as well ask the sky not to be blue.

I am not opposed to inside out style with him to free up outside shooting like the SVG era.. he just can't force shots and whine about calls, etc..

With that said.. if a change is in order at the 5, I would rank the targets as follows:

1. Trade for Cousins

2. Whiteside - cheaper max

3. Horford

4. Howard

I'd probably agree with your list, though my concern with Cousins is that he is still prone to losing his temper and composure during games. This season he nearly punched Steven Adams for something that happens to other players on a nightly basis. He pushed a security guard. He yelled at his head coach. He's been ejected and fouled out. Teams know how to rub him up the wrong way and it can affect his performance and his team's performance at its worst. For me, Cousins is undoubtedly a talented player, but he's also very temperamental and that's why I'd probably favor one of the other centers on that list, or even stick with Vuc at center.

As for Howard, I'd welcome him back, but i don't see him being the difference maker on a team anymore. He's a piece of the puzzle, but not the biggest piece any more. We'd be wise to spend our time focusing on upgrading our shooting and finding the solution to our question marks at the other four positions since Vuc is our best player when healthy and his position is probably the least of our woes in my opinion.

I like Whiteside. Tremendous shot blocker and not as much of a headcase as Cousins

I have to agree with you here Mauro, but I also have to agree with Payton4_thewin that he is very close to getting the Boggie coach and team killer rep!!!

Sooooo, I guess the jury is out to a certain point, but I would still take Whiteside over Boggie! smile_chairshot.gif

The fact you guys wouldn't take Cousins is astounding. Bring him from that joke of a team the Kings and I bet you he's a different dude. Obviously a winner. HATES *****ing losing. I'd take him without a second thought.

The fact you guys wouldn't take Cousins is astounding. Bring him from that joke of a team the Kings and I bet you he's a different dude. Obviously a winner. HATES *****ing losing. I'd take him without a second thought.

Were losing too