Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Los Angeles Lakers

It has very little to do with Skiles in my opinion.

No one would argue this, but not sure what the point is? Stan is a top 5 coach, maybe top 3. Skiles isn't, but neither are 25 other coaches currently coaching in the NBA.

Part of Harris playing better, even if it is system, as you all have attested to and I've said I agree with is that Van Gundy has a better system and is a better coach. Harris' success in Detroit is partly due to playing for Stan Van Gundy instead of Scott Skiles.

If he ever completes a season he is a lock for "Ricky of the Year".

And for example Ricky Rubio, another guy with shooting deficiencies, has struggled his entire NBA career and he had way more hype behind him.

Part of Harris playing better, even if it is system, as you all have attested to and I've said I agree with is that Van Gundy has a better system and is a better coach. Harris' success in Detroit is partly due to playing for Stan Van Gundy instead of Scott Skiles.

So because Tobias is playing marginally better in Detroit that's all Skiles fault? Players get traded all the time that play better for their new team. Happens all the time in every professional sport. I don't really see what the fuss is about.

Harris is playing slightly better on a better team with a better coach, no one is arguing that. But I think your overstating how badly that reflects on Skiles. It's not a normal occurrence in sports.

So because Tobias is playing marginally better in Detroit that's all Skiles fault?

You must have missed where I said partly... I honestly don't know why I waste my time responding to you.

You must have missed where I said partly... I honestly don't know why I waste my time responding to you.

What does that mean though. What does it matter if Harris playing better is "partly" due to having a better coach? No ones disputing that. He's in a better system with a top 5 coach. Nothing to see here, let's move on.

What does that mean though. What does it matter if Harris playing better is "partly" due to having a better coach? No ones disputing that. He's in a better system with a top 5 coach. Nothing to see here, let's move on.

I responded to someone (not you, by the way) who said Tobias playing better in Detroit had little to do with Skiles. It's turned in to much bigger than it ever needed to be because people (you) dove into extremes saying things I never said about how it was ALL Skiles fault. I couldn't care less about Tobias Harris these days, but SOME of his improvement is from playing under a better coach. I'm done with this conversation now. Thank you.

I responded to someone (not you, by the way) who said Tobias playing better in Detroit had little to do with Skiles. It's turned in to much bigger than it ever needed to be because people (you) dove into extremes saying things I never said about how it was ALL Skiles fault. I couldn't care less about Tobias Harris these days, but SOME of his improvement is from playing under a better coach. I'm done with this conversation now. Thank you.

You're welcome.

• Upvote 1

A lot of players tend to put up numbers for a stretch after they're traded. It's called the John salmons bump.

:cheers: