Sign in to follow this  
TheNameIsOrlando

San Antonio @ Orlando Magic

Man, If Payton makes that like he should have that's like all time great.

That play was designed to a T with 50% execution

And... You have to make that...

Maybe next year we will stop taking teams to overtime and start winning at the end of games

Amen. Call me negative all you want but I'm not really one for moral victories. It's the NBA. That's a game we should have won. Sure, there were some positives to be taken from the game as a whole, but that doesn't ultimately make losing alright with me.

We did make some really careless mistakes in the fourth, like two turnovers on inbounds plays.

• Upvote 1

Amen. Call me negative all you want but I'm not really one for moral victories. It's the NBA. That's a game we should have won. Sure, there were some positives to be taken from the game as a whole, but that doesn't ultimately make losing alright with me.

Who's arguing that "losing" is alright? I certainly don't think so.

What I'm saying is that I'm not so upset because we look totally different as a team. If you forgot, they kicked our butts last time. This time it took a game winner on great defense by a finals MVP player to win the game -- not to mention we went toe to toe against the best D in the league.

We also should have won too -- but it took untimely turnovers from almost all our best players to collapse -- seriously.

This team has promise. Trade Harris for better bench guys. Get Watson back. We're not that far removed from the playoffs -- plenty of games left to play.

Eh, last week we thought we had to blow up the roster and start over. This week we've taken three playoff teams to the final seconds and have gone 2/3 in those games. It's not flipping a switch. Rest guys. Figure out what to do with Frye and Harris to supplement what we have now. And come out of the next week looking to fight for that playoff spot.

A positive I can take from this is Fournier was fearless against Leonard. He lit him up. I'm so use to him caving that it surprised me but....I need consistency here.

The Magic lit up the best defense in the NBA and took a convincing lead over them.

Gordon shut down the paint again tonight. His defense is consistent but his offense is starting to fall off on the perimeter. Vucevic has played some inspired defense lately.

Payton has continued to have issues with focus during stretches of the game. He was set on fire by Mills yet again. Payton needs to have less lapses on defense.

Its all great until you don't finish the game. Finishing the games correctly is how the Magic are going to build their reputation. So far, if the worst can happen, the worst will happen with this team. It can be heartbreaking...or it can be outright embarrassing like it was tonight. Especially like it was in January. Its like fans should just watch the fourth quarter because the first three are a tease.

We did make some really careless mistakes in the fourth, like two turnovers on inbounds plays.

We have so much trouble in-bounding the ball in the closing moments of a game. And that goes back to last year. It's the careless unforced mistakes that I have trouble accepting.

Evan is a keeper. 100%

Henny hosed Denver in the Affalo trade.

Big shame we imploded AGAIN. I think if we would of won that it would of been a ridiculously massive boost for after that break.

Flipside we lost by 2 to the 2nd best team in the league with our shoddy bench players apart from Mario.

Once we get CJ back, Smith and Tobias even if not traded out bench should be good.

I have to admit Tobias looks expendable now. Going to be interesting to see what happens in the next week or so.

The self imploding does need to stop.. There comes a point where enough is enough.

We have so much trouble in-bounding the ball in the closing moments of a game. And that goes back to last year. It's the careless unforced mistakes that I have trouble accepting.

Young teams turn the ball over. That's what they'll refine over time.

A positive I can take from this is Fournier was fearless against Leonard. He lit him up. I'm so use to him caving that it surprised me but....I need consistency here.

The Magic lit up the best defense in the NBA and took a convincing lead over them.

Gordon shut down the paint again tonight. His defense is consistent but his offense is starting to fall off on the perimeter. Vucevic has played some inspired defense lately.

Payton has continued to have issues with focus during stretches of the game. He was set on fire by Mills yet again. Payton needs to have less lapses on defense.

Its all great until you don't finish the game. Finishing the games correctly is how the Magic are going to build their reputation. So far, if the worst can happen, the worst will happen with this team. It can be heartbreaking...or it can be outright embarrassing like it was tonight. and in the previous bad stretch. Its like fans should just watch the fourth quarter because the first three are a tease.

Games like tonight are why I don't miss my season tickets. It's brutal enough watching on TV, but losses like this in person just killed me. The Bulls game last year where we were up like 9 with 50 seconds left and loss was one of the worst nights of my life lol. The worse part is the opposing fans celebrating in your face as you walk with your head down to your car haha.

None of the mistakes were unforced. If the defense caused it then it was forced.

Unforced mistakes are like three seconds calls or Vucevic dropping that pass out of bounds

Young teams turn the ball over. That's what they'll refine over time.

I mean Vuch is in his third year he shouldn't be making those mistakes as often as he does. Same With Vuch. But your right, they should refine them over time, just don't know how long "over time" really is with these guys.