Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Memphis Grizzlies

that makes sense and I don't necessarily disagree with him. if he feels like Gordon and Mario's (and really its more Mario than Gordon) are too variable then put in then put in frye.

The end of the third Memphis was playing Chalmers-barnes-green-Randolph-hollins and chalmers-lee-barnes-green-gasol.

You cant hide Hezonja or Gordon on Courtney lee or matt barnes for 3 minutes?

You started out the fourth with Shabazz-oladipo-fournier-frye-smith and it actually worked. You cant bring in Payton 90 seconds earlier with harris and run Payton-shabazz-oladipo-harris-Vucevic for 2 minutes to rest Fournier's legs? You already had oladipo on Green so you aren't worried about that matchup. You can hide Shabazz on Tony Allen for two minutes.

Or take Frye out put AG back in and make him guard Green?! Keep Green at his average and we win the game without OT.

I've been reading a little bit of our Real GM to see what the guys think over there, and they spotted the love relationship between Skiles and Fournier a while ago. It's bizarre. Especially when there's a huge chance he's not part of our team next season

Well I think we knew that when Fournier was leading the league in minutes over the first 12 games or so.

its just bizarre. He's playing Fournier the appropriate amount of time for the game but I feel like Hennigan said "don't play any of these guys more than 36 minutes per game" and Skiles said "ok well ill just give them all the rest in the first half so I don't need to rest them in the second half".

Fournier played about 9 out of the 24 possible minutes of the first half and about 21 out of the 24 possible minutes in the second half and 5 out of the 5 possible minutes in OT. No balance.

Miami, against Chicago in a very important game yesterday takes Dwyane Wade out for rest with 7:15 seconds left in the fourth and puts him back in with 4:15 left. it was a tied game when he went out. If Miami can find time for Wade, Skiles should be able to find time for Fournier no matter how important skiles feels he is to the success of our team.

Well I think we knew that when Fournier was leading the league in minutes over the first 12 games or so.

its just bizarre. He's playing Fournier the appropriate amount of time for the game but I feel like Hennigan said "don't play any of these guys more than 36 minutes per game" and Skiles said "ok well ill just give them all the rest in the first half so I don't need to rest them in the second half".

Fournier played about 9 out of the 24 possible minutes of the first half and about 21 out of the 24 possible minutes in the second half and 5 out of the 5 possible minutes in OT. No balance.

Miami, against Chicago in a very important game yesterday takes Dwyane Wade out for rest with 7:15 seconds left in the fourth and puts him back in with 4:15 left. it was a tied game when he went out. If Miami can find time for Wade, Skiles should be able to find time for Fournier no matter how important skiles feels he is to the success of our team.

Which is debatable because we've been sucking hard with him starting. Plus we can debate what's more important in the long run. Games like last night or letting the youth gain experience by playing more? I believe the latter.

I've been reading a little bit of our Real GM to see what the guys think over there, and they spotted the love relationship between Skiles and Fournier a while ago. It's bizarre. Especially when there's a huge chance he's not part of our team next season

Don't take RealGM too serious man.

ON the subject of this game which I'm basically nonchalant about, Skiles for not playing Aaron Gordon in the fourth which is starting to exasperate me. What was even better about this game is that Gordon wasn't in foul trouble which would have allowed him to finish the game.

Gordon....needs the confidence and trust of the coach to take that next step. Playoffs don't even matter to me anymore about this team. The Magic need to continue to focus on game to game development. Playoffs come automatically if you're focused on winning games.

The Magic have been on an offensive tear these past two games. It was the defense in detail that is the true hindrance.

There's things that will drive me to wits end with this team but when the storm quiets, you look at the Magic being successful despite everything.

Sadly this game boils down to two possessions.

Despite what should have been done, the fact is we had this game won a had a mental lapse.

We are new to these situations for the most part, so it's no surprise that we couldn't pull it together for the overtime period. Skiles lineups were a big factor in the tired legs that likely contributed to the poor shooting in those extra minutes.

I think Fournier should be let go just because that money is probably better spent on the front court. He has value as a trade chip and we need to exhaust all options. If we do keep him, it does not need to be as a starter because our defense isn't good when he starts with a weaker front court. If we had Gordon and a decent defensive center (Dedmon does not qualify, and Smith is more effort than good defense) we could probably play Oladipo and Fournier together some, but why not just get a player that fits a little better. Too many options can be a bad thing. I feel it's better to have fewer options that are more consistent instead of constantly changing offenses and defenses. Most successful teams find a few things they do well.