Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Atlanta Hawks

Yeah but still...Tall PF who moves well with an outside shot and an uber long reach?

I'd take Pau over Dirk any day. Such an underrated defender.

Bench Harris ...let him light up the other team's bench.

The Magic can't keep moving the teams best offensive options to the bench just so they can go against the other teams second fiddle. Doing it for one player is fine. Taking out two of the top 4 scoring players and putting them on the bench to go with the second unit isn't smart basketball.

The Magic can't keep moving the teams best offensive options to the bench just so they can go against the other teams second fiddle. Doing it for one player is fine. Taking out two of the top 4 scoring players and putting them on the bench to go with the second unit isn't smart basketball.

I think he meant just Harris and move Oladipo to the starting line-up

I think he meant just Harris and move Oladipo to the starting line-up

Wouldn't that then create the same problem of burn out for Dipo we were seeing before though? Victor was looking good off the bench not having to go against the other teams best perimeter players.

I guess I just feel like if we keep having to shuffle the lineup and nothing is coming out of it, then maybe the quality of players needs to be addressed, not the lineup.

Wouldn't that then create the same problem of burn out for Dipo we were seeing before though? Victor was looking good off the bench not having to go against the other teams best perimeter players.

I guess I just feel like if we keep having to shuffle the lineup and nothing is coming out of it, then maybe the quality of players needs to be addressed, not the lineup.

I think the Oladipo starter/bench issue from early in the season had more to do with him just sucking than any lineup specific issue.

He actually played much better as a starter than on the bench this year.

Not in their primes though

Arguable. Pau spent most of his prime as a second option so his scoring ability wasn't as showcased.