fan for too long 2

Political Foolishness, or Road to the White House 2016

Haven't been on this thread in months. I must say, feels great to finally win an election. Thought for sure I would be 0-3 but my fellow deplorable's came through in a big way. Could not contain my excitement last-night.

You understand the deplorables are the ku klux klan and neo nazi's right?

Voting is just one piece of the puzzle. There's so much more to be done.

You're right about that. I hate politics but as I get older I seem to be sucked into it more and more. I definitely haven't done my part and should probably do more.

SVG, as always, keeping it real:

Link

I agree with P4TW that the most disturbing part of this is what seems to be the surfacing of a deep-rooted, previously-veiled, lingering hatred. Maybe the joke is on me for naively thinking significant progress in these facets had been made over recent decades. Maybe I'm overreacting/overanalyzing and totally misinterpreting what this means. There are, after all, millions of rational, level-headed adults that voted for this man. But when the KKK and ISIS are rejoicing at this result, something is amiss.

I respect everyone's right to vote for the candidate they desire. I will never insinuate that voting for Trump makes YOU, as the voter, a racist/sexist/etc. I am simply worried for many in this country based on the rhetoric delivered during his campaign. Perhaps he'll make good on his message from last night to unite all Americans. Perhaps he was being intentionally outlandish in a reality star type fashion in order to garner attention, and will tone it down now that his victory is assured. We'll see.

Link

I agree with P4TW that the most disturbing part of this is what seems to be the surfacing of a deep-rooted, previously-veiled, lingering hatred. Maybe the joke is on me for naively thinking significant progress in these facets had been made over recent decades. Maybe I'm overreacting/overanalyzing and totally misinterpreting what this means. There are, after all, millions of rational, level-headed adults that voted for this man. But when the KKK and ISIS are rejoicing at this result, something is amiss.

I respect everyone's right to vote for the candidate they desire. I will never insinuate that voting for Trump makes YOU, as the voter, a racist/sexist/etc. I am simply worried for many in this country based on the rhetoric delivered during his campaign. Perhaps he'll make good on his message from last night to unite all Americans. Perhaps he was being intentionally outlandish in a reality star type fashion in order to garner attention, and will tone it down now that his victory is assured. We'll see.

No man when you vote for a candidate you vote for an entire candidate. When i voted for Hillary Clinton i acknowledged her faults. The corruption, the lack of respect for security measures, the dynastic problems with spouses both being presidents. I accepted those issues and determined that they didn't outweigh her positives. But i own those negatives and accept them.

It works the same for trump voters. They have to own his negatives. The rape civil trial that will be scheduled in December. The dozens of sexual assault accusations. The purposeful embracing of the ku klux klan vote. The white nationalism. The issues that will come from the first candidate that doesn't have any foreign policy experience in the form of politics or military background. And so on. You can say "voting for this candidate is more important to me than his negatives" but you don't get to absolve yourself from those negatives. You actively approve of those negatives via a vote.

You understand the deplorables are the ku klux klan and neo nazi's right?

You understand that's what Hillary called all of his supporters right? America spoke, and it was a landslide. 8 years of failed Obama polices will do that.

Link

SVG sounds like he should probably stick to just coaching. Also, coaches have to say that. If an NBA coach came out and said they voted for Trump, he would lose the locker-room overnight and his job soon after. That's freedom of choice and speech for ya.

You understand that's what Hillary called all of his supporters right? America spoke, and it was a landslide. 8 years of failed Obama polices will do that.

Not quite a landslide. As for Obama's policies he got only what Congress allowed. As for justifying your vote for either bombastic candidate? Why do people do this? I voted with a clear conscience Jill Stein.

Not quite a landslide. As for Obama's policies he got only what Congress allowed. As for justifying your vote for either bombastic candidate? Why do people do this? I voted with a clear conscience Jill Stein.

Jill Stein is an anti-vaxxer, believes wifi is bad for you, and is anti nuclear power despite running as an intellectual. You're going to have to own those faults.

No man when you vote for a candidate you vote for an entire candidate. When i voted for Hillary Clinton i acknowledged her faults. The corruption, the lack of respect for security measures, the dynastic problems with spouses both being presidents. I accepted those issues and determined that they didn't outweigh her positives. But i own those negatives and accept them.

It works the same for trump voters. They have to own his negatives. The rape civil trial that will be scheduled in December. The dozens of sexual assault accusations. The purposeful embracing of the ku klux klan vote. The white nationalism. The issues that will come from the first candidate that doesn't have any foreign policy experience in the form of politics or military background. And so on. You can say "voting for this candidate is more important to me than his negatives" but you don't get to absolve yourself from those negatives. You actively approve of those negatives via a vote.

Yeah, my post was a politically correct attempt at not offending any Trump voters on here who may have justified their vote by saying it was solely for "economic" or "well I always vote Republican" type reasons. You're absolutely right -- you sign off on a candidate's faults when you cast a vote for that person and you don't just get to turn a blind eye toward certain issues.

Jill Stein is an anti-vaxxer, believes wifi is bad for you, and is anti nuclear power despite running as an intellectual. You're going to have to own those faults.

Wrong on the anti-VAX. You obviously believe the bs put out by the msm on that subject. As for nuclear if you think that is a good option then our discussion is over "shakes head"

Wrong on the anti-VAX. You obviously believe the bs put out by the msm on that subject. As for nuclear if you think that is a good option then our discussion is over "shakes head"

I believe things she said and chose not to address in her Reddit AMA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xsl_JfGn0Pk

"To just be grossly generalistic, you can put half of Trump's supporters into what I call the basket of deploarables."

Also, when the opposing candidate wins the popular vote, I don't think you can call the election win a landslide.