fan for too long 2

Political Foolishness, or Road to the White House 2016

I enjoyed the discussions I had with Smackdaddy, and Osprey, among others about the Political discussion when Obama won his first pres. election. So I decided to start another topic on the new search for a president.

I believe that Bernie Sanders is the only viable candidate this time that has a conscience and is truly committed to helping the less fortunate. He is not taking corporate funds for his campaign. He has flaws but his pros outweighs his cons. The mass media ignores Bernie as much as they can while they love Trump and give him as much attention as possible. Trump is a very scary candidate imo, his policies are very vague and generalized, makes me very worried about where his presidency will actually lead.

All other candidates, including Hillary are Guzzling from the corporate trough and have sold their souls and sold out the American people to get the job.

What are your thoughts on this very important election?

I'm going to warn everyone to be civil in this thread. Rules still apply. If you feel yourself getting angry or name calling in your post don't click add reply. Delete what you posted. Leave the thread and don't view it.

I actually donated $50 to Bernie's campaign. I don't really think he's electable though.

I just think one of the biggest issues in America is money in politics and I think if he can be a large enough threat some front runner might take up his cause.

I agree Payton, Money in politics is the most important issue of our time. And ever since the Citizens United court case that the Supreme Court ruled on, Corporations can now fund candidates with Unlimited money, corruption and bought candidates is very troublesome. Democracy is at the precipice of being lost and gone forever. Without most of the American people even knowing about it.

I'm going to warn everyone to be civil in this thread. Rules still apply. If you feel yourself getting angry or name calling in your post don't click add reply. Delete what you posted. Leave the thread and don't view it.

In that vein, maybe the title of this thread should have the whole "Political Foolishness" part removed?

In that vein, maybe the title of this thread should have the whole "Political Foolishness" part removed?

No Doubt, Hopefully a civil discourse will ensue. The foolishness implied was in relation to what is being talked about in mainstream media, and what is being left out on purpose.

I believe this election is a tipping point in our democracy. We either try to right the ship now or fall into full oligarchy, fascism, or whatever you want to call it.

No Doubt, Hopefully a civil discourse will ensue. The foolishness implied was in relation to what is being talked about in mainstream media, and what is being left out on purpose.

I believe this election is a tipping point in our democracy. We either try to right the ship now or fall into full oligarchy, fascism, or whatever you want to call it.

Meh. Nothing changes all that much

Meh. Nothing changes all that much

If u think nothing has changed in last few years in terms of our freedoms and the rich grabbing more and more power/control. Then that is what u choose to believe, although it is completely false.

If u think nothing has changed in last few years in terms of our freedoms and the rich grabbing more and more power/control. Then that is what u choose to believe, although it is completely false.

Eh, that's been a gradual thing over the last 30 years, not something that changed because of something that happened recently. It's like a leaky pipe. Short term it does no real damage. but if you ignore it and go on vacation for a while those drips accumulate and all of a sudden you have water damage in your bathroom and a mold issue.

I was referring to party systems and most of the stuff they talk about in the election cycle is pandering to their base. once they get elected there might be incremental change.

This election is no more of a tipping point than 2008 or 2000 or 1992 and so on.

Eh, that's been a gradual thing over the last 30 years, not something that changed because of something that happened recently. It's like a leaky pipe. Short term it does no real damage. but if you ignore it and go on vacation for a while those drips accumulate and all of a sudden you have water damage in your bathroom and a mold issue.

I was referring to party systems and most of the stuff they talk about in the election cycle is pandering to their base. once they get elected there might be incremental change.

This election is no more of a tipping point than 2008 or 2000 or 1992 and so on.

It might have been gradual, but it seems to be picking up momentum. Have you watched the Republican debates? Pandering to their base, if their base has completely lost their collective minds. They are saying some things that simply are CRAZY.

Fear and Fear and More Fear, is the way they want to keep the American peoples mindset in. And it is also what Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, etc. also wanted. And they have learned and haven't gotten very sophisticated at it.

It might have been gradual, but it seems to be picking up momentum. Have you watched the Republican debates? Pandering to their base, if their base has completely lost their collective minds. They are saying some things that simply are CRAZY.

Fear and Fear and More Fear, is the way they want to keep the American peoples mindset in. And it is also what Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini, etc. also wanted. And they have learned and haven't gotten very sophisticated at it.

The republicans lost the last two elections basically on social issues. Instead of pushing for a more moderate stance on social issues to win an election and get a chance to institute their economic philosophies they've doubled down in order to mobilize the radicals and the uniformed. Unfortunately they've completely alienated most women, minorities, atheists, and every moderate republican.

And that's why I'd be shocked if a republican won the election. Maybe Jeb or Kasich could do it but they're not crazy enough to win the nomination.

Bernie Sanders is the best candidate I've seen in my short lifetime. I hope somehow he closes the gap. It's so sad how many ignorant people are voting for Hilary when they should be for Bernie, just for the sake of policies that will actually improve their lives let alone the entire country. Of course I don't agree with him on every little things, such as his misinformed views on the supposed wage gap, but he's the best shot we have for people like me who work over 50 hours a week to be able to afford to live without government assistance and many other things.

If Trump wins we're *****ed.