Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I don't get how people don't like this deal. It's such a win/win for Orlando.

1) You bring in Jennings who is an expiring but can help us win now. He's still young. Maybe he plays good this second half of the year and we keep him around, if not, we cleared a lot of cap.

2) You get rid of Harris. Harris was a dead beat on this team. And now that he is gone I will call it like it is. Fournier was better while starting at the 3. Now we can keep Fournier and sign someone else. If your asking me to pick between keeping Fournier or Harris, I'm taking Fournier every day of the week.

3) Harris was on the books for 4 more years making more millions (16) than ppg. It is a godsend to rid ourselves of his averagness.

4) Don't underestimate Illyslova. He is a really nice second unit role player who will help us a ton off the bench. He can score and his contract is very friendly.

Basically, Rob gave us options moving forward. I don't know what you guys wanted for Harris. He isn't a very good player and is owed way to much money.

It's only a good deal if you sign stars in the off season which isn't happening.

• Upvote 1

It's only a good deal if you sign stars in the off season which isn't happening.

Definitely not happening if you don't have the money.

Now that you have the money, you can start to think about what if...

At this time two years ago would you have called Lebron returning to Ohio? Strange things can happen.

Definitely not happening if you don't have the money.

Now that you have the money, you can start to think about what if...

At this time two years ago would you have called Lebron returning to Ohio? Strange things can happen.

Yeah I would.

There's no stars even available.

I like the trade. Harris turned out to be a very average player and we got rid off his contract. He is always going to be at best the solid role player. Now we have more flexibility going forward. I am not a big fan of Jennings but he is not going to be with us for too long...Elsyasova is nice though, maybe we resign him..

Move Harris for a true stretch 4 that shoots it from 3 better than Harris, makes half as much, and is under control for another year.

Jennings is filler with the potential to be flipped unless Fournier is on his way out as well. We may have freed up some minutes at SF, but you'd expect Ilyasova to take Harris' minutes at the 4. Hezonya isn't going to see his minutes at 3 decrease. So that means one of Dipo, Payton, or Fournier is losing minutes to Jennings for the rest of the year or we have no real interest in Jennings, right?

I wouldn't mind seeing what Payton, Vic, Hezonja, Gordon and Vuc can do the rest of the year with Jennings or Fournier as the 6th man. Then have close to $50 million to spend on FA with that young core in place. That is a much better situation than standing pat.

I think it takes all of oladipo's/hezonja's minutes at point in some of those wonky lineups we've been seeing.

I think it looks like this going forward:

Payton (30)/Jennings (18)

Oladipo(32)/Fournier (16)

Fournier (16)/Hezonja (26)/Illyasova (6)

Gordon (32)/Illasova (16)

Vucevic (32) Smith (16)

and you adjust from there based on how a guy is playing or matchups.

You can sign Fournier and someone else. Don't have to be perennial all-stars. You guys are missing the boat here. We were a much better team with Fournier starting. We have options now.

Unless there is another trade coming , we are rly going strong for FA's this summer , and we will overpay tier 2 targets cus no1 will want to come here ....

There's no one even available to be worth such a move.

Also this is preparation for Oladipo's upcoming extension. I'm assuming Rob will wait till next summer to decide on him but if he plays himself into a max deal next season then this salary dump will have been beneficial.

You can sign Fournier and someone else. Don't have to be perennial all-stars. You guys are missing the boat here. We were a much better team with Fournier starting. We have options now.

Don't agree at all. Seen this too many times.