Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I'd trade anyone for the right price. I would say Mario and Gordon are least likely to get traded though. And I wouldn't call Payton or Dipo cornerstone franchise players. Payton has yet to prove he's a reliable NBA starter. And I love Payton BTW.

I've changed my stance on Gordon after this dunk contest. He is 10000000000% untouchable omg!!!! That sitting dunk was the greatest dunk I've ever seen!!!

Miami is apparently gauging Whitesides trade value.

Yay or nay?

Nay. We can sign him in the offseason if we wanted and the scoop on him is he's all about his stats and not about the defensive scheme. Skiles would kill him.

Trading for him now gives us no advantage to resign him either as he's an unrestricted guy that comes with no bird rights.

Yes to whiteside, but it will require taking on one of their bad contracts. I wonder if Deng counts. Dragic troubles me , I would stay away from him.

Gordon has good upside, but not the kind that I've seen suggested over the past couple pages. Griffin is a clear upgrade, and if anyone thinks that Gordon has the upside of Griffin are (wishful) nuts...refer yourselves to Griffin's time in college where he was showing the full array of skills and dominating. He may have missed some time to injury but was immediately a 20+/10 player in the league...and let's be real, Gordon only has a 1 year advantage time wise compared to him in the college/pro time in grade argument. Who here thinks Gordon will get 22/12 next year?

I still like Gordon, but I'm not taking such a homer view on him either. He makes a lot of mistakes on D, which his athleticism helps correct often but not all the time. I expect he will smarten up before his athleticism slows and will put together some first or second all-D teams, that will always be his strength. I don't see him averaging anywhere near 20ppg. I would be surprised to see him average 15 for more than a year during his prime usage. Still, 15/10 is a very good player. I am glad to have him but will happily trade him for a top 10-15 player...just not him ++++ another of our top young guys.

Gordon's per36 right now is almost 13/10 on only 16.5% usage which is lower than everyone on the team except Dedmon, Watson and Frye. He'll easily hit 15/10 and possibly blow past it next year if he's playing starters minutes and has a marginal increase in usage.

Yes to whiteside, but it will require taking on one of their bad contracts. I wonder if Deng counts. Dragic troubles me , I would stay away from him.

Gordon has good upside, but not the kind that I've seen suggested over the past couple pages. Griffin is a clear upgrade, and if anyone thinks that Gordon has the upside of Griffin are (wishful) nuts...refer yourselves to Griffin's time in college where he was showing the full array of skills and dominating. He may have missed some time to injury but was immediately a 20+/10 player in the league...and let's be real, Gordon only has a 1 year advantage time wise compared to him in the college/pro time in grade argument. Who here thinks Gordon will get 22/12 next year?

I still like Gordon, but I'm not taking such a homer view on him either. He makes a lot of mistakes on D, which his athleticism helps correct often but not all the time. I expect he will smarten up before his athleticism slows and will put together some first or second all-D teams, that will always be his strength. I don't see him averaging anywhere near 20ppg. I would be surprised to see him average 15 for more than a year during his prime usage. Still, 15/10 is a very good player. I am glad to have him but will happily trade him for a top 10-15 player...just not him ++++ another of our top young guys.

Really? Were you under a rock the past 24 hours? Aaron has blown up! First Magic player since Dwight where casual NBA fans are gonna be wearing his jersey. Gordon is 20 years old and hasn't even scratched the surface on what he's going to be going forward. He's untouchable at the trade deadline.

Really? Were you under a rock the past 24 hours? Aaron has blown up! First Magic player since Dwight where casual NBA fans are gonna be wearing his jersey. Gordon is 20 years old and hasn't even scratched the surface on what he's going to be going forward. He's untouchable at the trade deadline.

The most accurate comment on this forum in a long time! Gordon is a beast! He will come into his own here soon skiles just needs to give him more playing time

The most accurate comment on this forum in a long time! Gordon is a beast! He will come into his own here soon skiles just needs to give him more playing time

It's not even a playing time thing anymore. He's been playing quite a bit since he moved in to the starting 5, he's just being asked to rebound and defend like hell and not many plays are drawn up for him. I like the way we're breaking him in to be honest. Still a lot of improvement left to make, but his ceiling is so high!

I think he needs to be held accountable like everyone else, but he's going to really start demanding mins with his play. When people hear 'star' they seem to think he's going to turn into a 22-25/game scorer who singlehandedly takes over games. That will likely never be Gordon, but I think a combination of AG and Hezonja's versatility could make us difficult to handle. They already have strong chemistry, and I can just see them going coast-to-coast and feeding each other on breaks all day, once they come into their own

Really? Were you under a rock the past 24 hours? Aaron has blown up! First Magic player since Dwight where casual NBA fans are gonna be wearing his jersey.

Are you under the impression that people went out and bought Spud Webb, Harold Miner, or Cedric Ceballos jerseys after they won their dunk contests?