Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: ROCKETS @ MAGIC

My question is, if that foul on Tobias was before the ball was inbounded, shouldn't it be one free throw and possession?

In that situation the Rockets gained the advantage by fouling, which is against the spirit of the rules. It was inside two minutes so that wasn't the problem. That didn't seem correct to me. Any regular foul was two free throws. There should be a penalty for fouling when the ball is dead. If the foul occurs before the ball was inbounded you can't say it was on ball. Because a foul of the inbound passer is a technical foul also. Anybody know or have a copy of the rules?

And that was pretty unprofessional at the end by the Rockets coach I think. He should get a technical foul type fine.

Great win, but we need to count this as a loss approaching the preparation for the next game. 14-0 runs bu a team down 15 are not okay to close game.

I was thinking the same thing and wondered why Skiles didn't call for it? My understanding is that in the last 2 minutes a foul before the ball comes in is 2 shots plus the ball. Somebody correct us if we are wrong please!

I was thinking the same thing and wondered why Skiles didn't call for it? My understanding is that in the last 2 minutes a foul before the ball comes in is 2 shots plus the ball. Somebody correct us if we are wrong please!

I was watching this game with some friends and the only thing we could come up with is that maybe the ball was already out of the hands of the inbounds passer and somehow that prevented it from being two shots and the ball? I don't know but I was equally surprised Skiles didn't go absolutely bat**** crazy and demand an explanation.

I think the Magic organization should send the game film of that play to the league office with a formal request for an explanation of the call. That is an explanation I would like to hear.

In addition, there were several very obvious fouls that were not called, that did affect the game in a very negative manner for the Magic. I have seen articles on NBA.com where the league office states that this foul was not called or that travel was not called. Have the Magic ever been on the receiving end of one of these statements? In particular the Howard hack on Harris's arm near the end of the game could have cost us a win we earned.

I was watching this game with some friends and the only thing we could come up with is that maybe the ball was already out of the hands of the inbounds passer and somehow that prevented it from being two shots and the ball? I don't know but I was equally surprised Skiles didn't go absolutely bat**** crazy and demand an explanation.

All I want for Christmas is a win over the Wizards on the 1st of Jan.

I turn 32 that day. Time flies; I still feel like I'm in my early 20s.

Wait wait........wait.............I just realized we beat Marcus Thornton the other day! Superb game! ***** that guy and his Christmas (Sports!).