Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: ROCKETS @ MAGIC

My question is, if that foul on Tobias was before the ball was inbounded, shouldn't it be one free throw and possession?

In that situation the Rockets gained the advantage by fouling, which is against the spirit of the rules. It was inside two minutes so that wasn't the problem. That didn't seem correct to me. Any regular foul was two free throws. There should be a penalty for fouling when the ball is dead. If the foul occurs before the ball was inbounded you can't say it was on ball. Because a foul of the inbound passer is a technical foul also. Anybody know or have a copy of the rules?

And that was pretty unprofessional at the end by the Rockets coach I think. He should get a technical foul type fine.

Great win, but we need to count this as a loss approaching the preparation for the next game. 14-0 runs bu a team down 15 are not okay to close game.

Skiles should have kept Gordon on Harden in the 4th. Gordon was having career night numbers and was left in the bench.

He got Harden a couple times, but then got beat like 3 times in a row actually right after. All his offense was during a quick spurt in the first half. Gordon wasn't doing much offensively in the 2nd half.

I agree with Tobias playing instead. Tobias actually prevented the likely winning basket by his defense when Harden passed to Dwight. Ad would rather have Harris shooting the free throws to make it a 3 point game.

However, the thought crossed my mind to throw Aaron on Harden for last play, but again Tobias is more likely to get some respect from the officials.

Career high would have been meaningless if we lost. Tobias is they guy we expect clutch play from. Aaron is not there yet.

I came into the game half way through the 3rd quarter, but was very impressed with how we were attacking them in the paint and refusing to back down. Payton had some outstanding plays at the rim and went right at Howard more than once. I like to see that kind of attack to collapse the defense and then kick out to open shooters. I also like to see us win.

Aaron Gordon has accounted for 33 points against 1 turnover in 53 minutes of action in his career against the Rockets on 13 of 22 from the field. Ain't mad at that

EP's ability to penetrate reminds me how long it has been since we have had a point guard that was really quick and had some very good moves to score on bigs. It's going to be a fun ride watching him develop. Also kudos to Henny for finding Smith for us. Big upgrade over KOQ.

The Rockets have to be the most irritating team to play against in the NBA. Get away with murder on defense and get every call on the other end. Great win! 8 away from matching last seasons total

Two games in a row now that this team could have folded and didn't. Young guns getting battle tested. Tobias and Evan were clutch and VO had maybe the best 0-9 game ever.