Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

GAMETHREAD: ROCKETS @ MAGIC

Gonna say it again. Tobias Harris is our most consistent all around player. His defense is almost a full 180 from last year. If anyone has improved with Skiles as coach it is him.

• Upvote 1

Gonna say it again. Tobias Harris is our most consistent all around player. His defense is almost a full 180 from last year. If anyone has improved with Skiles as coach it is him.

They don't get along, remember? lol signing Skiles means the end of Tobes in Otown

I've been up and down on him this season, but I'm back in the up.

Harris >>> Pippen

What????

Pay Fournier

This team is looking great, yes, but Fournier could be a piece that would allow us to get, say Millsap. But definitely liking Fournier again after the last 2 games.

This team as is just clicks. Question is: what's the ceiling of our young guns? They may not have reached it yet! That's an exciting thought.

Payton drives to the hole --- vintage. If that keeps getting better the three bombs will open more and it will help Dipo and Fournier achieve 20 PPG easily...

I have to disagree. He has been better but not consistant yet. I do see him as our best overall player. The defense has certainly inprove.

I think the guy that i have seen so far as the more consistant is EP. This kid has shown so much potential already. He has improved greatly with Skile.

So overall i see EP, vuc and then Harris as the most consistant players so far.

Vic has been off lately but rest assure he will come back.

I agree and I find it funny that Tobias is now our best 2 way player. I think Vucevic is a demon on offense though, and the sky is the limit for him.

I agree and I find it funny that Tobias is now our best 2 way player. I think Vucevic is a demon on offense though, and the sky is the limit for him.

Vuc is definitely the offensive center piece, and tbh, we don't win 12 of out last 15 games if it isn't for his continuous contribution in that aspect. But, I want it to be noted that for all the talk of Tobias being the first person talked about being traded away from this roster, just go look at the dude's stat line this season. Very rarely is he not putting up double digits in points (and most of the time around 15 for the norm), he's always grabbing around 6 rebounds, which is a solid contribution for a Small Forward, and he's normally defending the opponent's SF (which in todays game is often one of their better scorers) and he is not fouling. He fills the stat sheet night in and night out and not counting the first few games of the season, is limiting turnovers.

Payton has come and gone, just like I would expect from a sophomore. Dipo started the season off rough but seems to be getting healthy and his play is improving. Fournier had a great start, came down from that high pretty fast, and now seems to be trending up again. Vuc as mentioned is an offensive force but his d still leaves much to be desired. But Harris has just been that guy who continues to put the work in every night. When the inevitable time comes that someone from this young core has to go, I think that is going to be a big factor.

I love this team and it's been such a fun season so far. This game did point out a glaring weakness though. Our interior defense is not good at all, and no amount of Scott Skiles yelling will scare defensive talent in to our big men. Three and D guys don't really exist too much at the 4 spot, but if we could find one, ooh baby, we got a stew goin...

Three and D guys don't really exist too much at the 4 spot, but if we could find one, ooh baby, we got a stew goin...

I really hope Aaron Gordon realizes how valuable he could be as one of those

I've been up and down on him this season, but I'm back in the up.

Harris >>> Pippen

What????

Stop trolling. No one is taking the bait.