Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic @ Clippers

I know it's one game and how we respond matters most. I expect to see some real fire over the next few and we go home and establish some home dominance.

Let's go boys! Time to become men. I hope we're teeming mad after this.

Another reason we need Mario is his inner fire. Hopefully it can spread along with Oladipo, Gordon , and Smith's fire.

Also when it Watson playing again? Thought he was close...

I actually agree with this now. Harris disappears towards the end of games and Vuc is too soft.

I don't mind Dipo taking that last shot. I'm glad Skiles is letting him know we trust him to take those big moment shots. He's had several of those go in for us in the past.

3rd quarter Payton is the beginning of what I've been telling people on these boards for awhile. Keep watching him.

It's time to give Hezonja some of Fournier's minutes.

Not even 24 hours ago you said Fournier is great for the team because he makes other guys better without being ball dominant.

One 7 point game and he needs his minutes cut?

Can't be this knee jerk all of the time. A guy is what he is. Can't change your opinion on him all that much after one game.

Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't trade Gordon, Payton, or Oladipo. They would be my mainstays

I agree.

Not because of any performance change or anything like that. But if we have to create a team identity it needs to be "pain in the ass perimeter defending team that you hate playing." A team where playoffs come around and higher ranked teams are trying to jump a seed up or thinking about dropping a seed down. Not because they aren't talented enough to beat us, but the energy required to do so is going to destroy your team for the next round. That's what we need to be.

Not even 24 hours ago you said Fournier is great for the team because he makes other guys better without being ball dominant.

One 7 point game and he needs his minutes cut?

Can't be this knee jerk all of the time. A guy is what he is. Can't change your opinion on him all that much after one game.

I always believed Fournier was a better fit to start regardless. The interesting thing about our team is we need multiple weapons to pull off games.

Dipo will always be better than Fournier as an overall player yet currently I still think Dipo is better for the team coming off the bench.

Hezonja LONGTERM will be better than Fournier. His upside is huge, and I don't mind giving Dipo some burn at the point with perhaps Hezonja at the SG. Shabazz has been awful as of late and if cutting Fournier and Shabazz minutes to give our rookie some burn I think it's worth it.

Last night could have been a night for Dedmon to play too. Vuc is useless against dominant bigs unfortunately.

Anyone hear if Victor's knee is okay today? In his interview he said it all. IDK what happened, I went in the locker room and we were up 7. When I came back we were down 1.

Should be ok. Worst case scenario in these situations is he has a bone bruise and is out 10 days. The fact he went back in probably means he's ok

Who got hurt last night?

With 5 minutes left in the game Crawford and Oladipo knocked knees. Oladipo missed the next 4 minutes and was hobbling along the sideline.

I always believed Fournier was a better fit to start regardless. The interesting thing about our team is we need multiple weapons to pull off games.

Dipo will always be better than Fournier as an overall player yet currently I still think Dipo is better for the team coming off the bench.

Hezonja LONGTERM will be better than Fournier. His upside is huge, and I don't mind giving Dipo some burn at the point with perhaps Hezonja at the SG. Shabazz has been awful as of late and if cutting Fournier and Shabazz minutes to give our rookie some burn I think it's worth it.

Last night could have been a night for Dedmon to play too. Vuc is useless against dominant bigs unfortunately.

Dedmond would've been controlled by the refs.

Vuc needs to learn. You do that by playing and then looking at film.

Fournier won't get pulled, yet. You gotta keep his value up.

I agree that Dedmon should get some minutes against a team with a dominating center. Assign him to just box out and try to take away some of the rebounding. Do about 4 minutes in the first half with Smith at PF, about 4 more minutes in the early 4th quarter with Gordon at PF. Both of those sets give us strong inside defense and rebounding, with Smith and Gordon providing the offensive capability. The difference in this game was 2 points. Take away one second chance basket from the Clippers, add one second chance basket to us, and that score flips.