CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

Jacob Poeltl sounds like that guy.

He's that guy and some. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a top 5 pick. If GM's/Scouts feel he can ever develop any type of mid-range game he could go top 5 easily.

Time to waste more energy in this thread rather.

This looks like a forward center draft.

Time to waste more energy in this thread rather.

This looks like a forward center draft.

Was just thinking the same thing. Although I'd rather just trade this pick in a deal for something good. Plus, we need all the cap we can clear for when Durant and Conley come here. LOL.

But on a serious note, as far as centers go, I'm starting to like Stephen Zimmerman if were picking around 12-15. Would rather Poeltl but he won't be there. Ivan Rabb would be a good target as well if he's there.

This draft sucks. There are like 3 guys at the top that are exciting and then a bunch of guys I wouldn't mind us drafting but am not particularly excited about. Maybe my opinion will change closer to draft time but unless we get some major lottery luck I'd just trade the pick.

This draft sucks. There are like 3 guys at the top that are exciting and then a bunch of guys I wouldn't mind us drafting but am not particularly excited about. Maybe my opinion will change closer to draft time but unless we get some major lottery luck I'd just trade the pick.

Even in crappy draft, there's always some stud that gets selected between 10-20 (see 2012) . So there will be a legit guy there, just depends on if we can identify and draft him. I'm not at all against trading this pick either.

Even in crappy draft, there's always some stud that gets selected between 10-20 (see 2012) . So there will be a legit guy there, just depends on if we can identify and draft him. I'm not at all against trading this pick either.

I know and that's my hope. My hope is, if we keep the pick, it's because Rob thinks there's a star other people havent seen. I really don't want to draft a 4th-9th man, we have enough guys to fill those slots.

At the moment, we'd have 11th best odds in the lottery... Depending on how the season ends we're only 2 wins ahead of having 6th best odds in the lottery... It'll be interesting to see how the season ends

If we're looking for cap space we're probably going to trade back or out of the first round entirely.

Got two early seconds though. So start looking at those players.

If we're looking for cap space we're probably going to trade back or out of the first round entirely.

Got two early seconds though. So start looking at those players.

Alright well here are 3 guys I would like to target in the second round. These are guys that I've seen on TV from time-to-time and have been drawn to, not just randoms that I looked up on youtube.

Anthony Barber: PG, NC State. This guy is fun to watch. Lightning quick and great in transition. Can get to the rim whenever he wants, he lives at the free throw line. Love his passing too. He reminds me of Mike Conley some. He's improved his numbers across the board each year in college. Dropped 32 against NC recently and admittedly this was when I discovered him. He needs to put on some weight as he's pretty thin and will have to cleanup his shot selection, but he could become a nice point guard.

A.J. Hammons: C, Purdue. Hammons was a big time recruit that didn't really put it together much until the second half of last year. I'm an Ohio State fan so I've seen him play a ton. He leaves you wondering why he's not better a lot of the time, but this season he really has improved. He's massive at 7 feet and weight 280 pounds. I think he could be a Roy Hibbert type player. I watched him play this week against Michigan State and he dropped 19 points, but 8 blocks. Yes, 8 blocks. He is a brute on that end of the court. I would love having someone like that coming off our bench.

Wayne Seldon Jr: G, Kansas: I'm sure most everyone knows something about Seldon. Big time recruit, been a bit of a disappointment, but he's 6'6 230 with great physique. He plays great defense and should be able to match-up really well with his size against other guards in the league. Also, he's improved his shot and is shooting 42% from deep this year. I think he would fit in nicely with us.

• Upvote 1