CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

This is a video of some of the bleacher report guys weighing in on the trade. Funny thing is 2 out of 3 of them don't feel like OKC got the better end of this trade.

My link

Hold on, we couldn't at least dump Shabazz in this trade?

not sure, but I kinda blame Skiles for not giving Naiper some opportunities causing him to play like crap.

Wait, we traded Dipo and our pick for Ibaka?(I was talking to my friend at the time; he's not a basketball fan). Dipo was my favorite Magic player and he's a fan favorite, so it's a bit of a shock. Vogel does have a rep for getting the best out of his bigs though. I don't like the trade now, but I'm just some dude. I can't imagine we're done making moves.

i used to be a big bill simmons fan, but man his quality of everything has dropped off since his new venture. it's tough to run a business, but he really seems to follow the nba much less than he was able to at ESPN. the thrones show is a failure. his first show on hbo spends like 20 minutes with drunk ben affleck fresh off a botox bender ranting about deflategate...his podcasts are more haphazard than they used to be.

despite all that, any opinions he has about the magic (or any non-nationally televised teams) are worth nil.

Think about it this way, the Magic were not going to pay Fournier AND Oladipo big money. This trade pretty much is Rob's faith in Fournier, he'll likely re-sign him and decided that Ibaka is good enough to help this team improve while giving us things we need, while Oladipo is part of a logjam and was dealt now before his contract expiring becomes a bigger deal. The draft pick I do not care about, I was not excited for any players we could've taken. That Sabonis dude that we took at 11 didn't intrigue me at all and I'm kind of glad he's not actually going to be on the team. I like this deal, trading Oladipo is a risky move for sure but we can't pay every player on the team so you have to be ahead of the game deciding which players to pay and then get value for the ones you won't.

Evan Fournier has better advanced stats then Dipo. It's not far fetched that he ends up a better player.

i used to be a big bill simmons fan, but man his quality of everything has dropped off since his new venture. it's tough to run a business, but he really seems to follow the nba much less than he was able to at ESPN. the thrones show is a failure. his first show on hbo spends like 20 minutes with drunk ben affleck fresh off a botox bender ranting about deflategate...his podcasts are more haphazard than they used to be.

despite all that, any opinions he has about the magic (or any non-nationally televised teams) is worth nil.

What are you talking about? Everything they're doing is great

@Magic_PRDish

The Orlando Magic have acquired Serge Ibaka from OKC in exchange for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova & rights to Domantas Sabonis

The deal is now official!