CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

his defense comes and goes just as much as his offense. some games he cant get around a pick and roll and guys burn him.

I've never been sold on him. Unfortunately, Rob seems to see a potential jump shot (where?), a floor general (nah), and a guy that can take a franchise to the promised land (???). How? Position needs overhauling IMHO.

• Upvote 1

I've never been sold on him. Unfortunately, Rob seems to see a potential jump shot (where?), a floor general (nah), and a guy that can take a franchise to the promised land (???). How? Position needs overhauling IMHO.

Great another Payton basher, just what we need.

Can't give up on a guy this early

He does a lot of good things. It hurts having 4 coaches.

It isn't giving up on Payton just because we bring in another PG. If he is as good as you guys say he is (which, he isn't), he can still develop in a bench role. If he improves his shot drastically (which he won't), he can still do so in a bench role.

Just because I don't think someone is good, doesn't mean I'm a basher. It's because I don't think they're very good. Payton has career backup written all over him. Which isn't the worse thing in the world, I think he'll be a solid backup. But you can't be that atrocious on the offensive end and be successful in today's NBA.

I'd rather start CJ Watson.

He does a lot of good things. It hurts having 4 coaches.

Kind of a weak excuse. This isn't an NFL QB were talking about here. You can tell if a guy is a good NBA player regardless of the coaching situation, assuming he's getting the minutes. I've seen enough in two years of Payton to project what I see him as in the NBA. He could be marginally better with Vogel, but he isn't all the sudden going to improves his bottom 50 offensive PG ranks and become a top 10 guard.

Kind of a weak excuse. This isn't an NFL QB were talking about here. You can tell if a guy is a good NBA player regardless of the coaching situation, assuming he's getting the minutes. I've seen enough in two years of Payton to project what I see him as in the NBA. He could be marginally better with Vogel, but he isn't all the sudden going to improves his bottom 50 offensive PG ranks and become a top 10 guard.

He has flaws. I wouldn't mind having a pg that can shoot. It would not stop me from drafting a point.

Payton does have very good vision, a quick first step, size, ball control and he is young. He went from a having ball dribbling offense to a ball movement offense at the toughest position. He just needs time.

He has flaws. I wouldn't mind having a pg that can shoot. It would not stop me from draft an point.

Payton does have very good vision, a quick first step, size, ball control and he is young. He went from a having ball dribbling offense to a ball movement offense at the toughest position. He just needs time.

I agree with half of what you said. But I don't think he just needs time. I think more time is just going to cement the fact that he's a solid backup.

And I would argue that Deyonta Davis is an as good/better "swing for the fences" pick because he has a higher floor

YES!

Deyonta reminds me of Whiteside. Immediate impact player defensively, flashes raw potential on offense. Has a big frame that will get bigger.

YES!

Deyonta reminds me of Whiteside. Immediate impact player defensively, flashes raw potential on offense. Has a big frame that will get bigger.

Nah, Whiteside is a slow tower. Davis has footspeed to defend fours

You hope Davis is Derrick favors. And I think he'll have a similar development timeframe

Nah, Whiteside is a slow tower. Davis has footspeed to defend fours

You hope Davis is Derrick favors. And I think he'll have a similar development timeframe

I'd have no problem with that. He seems more explosive then Favors. No rookie is coming in next year and helping us win a title so I'm fine with a normal development type player. Free agency is when we'll make our team better.