CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

this might be the worst draft from 5 to 20 that I can remember.

I think you can argue 20-30 last year is better than 5 to 20 this year.

Delon Wright= Kris Dunn

RJ Hunter= Murray

Looney=Davis

Nance=Skal

tyus jones = Demetrius Jackson

Portis=Ellenson

Justin Anderson= Jaylen Brown

anybody have a good feel on Cheick Diallo?

If Skal and Davis are legitimate options for us despite production issues maybe Diallo should be too. Normally I'd scoff at drafting a guy who averaged 3 and 2 in college (and I still have extreme doubts) but the dude put up 18 and 4 with 4 blocks in 22 minutes in the draft combine day 1 and 9 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks the second day.

still don't think we should draft him at 11 but if we move down he might be someone to keep an eye on.

Or maybe he's a workout warrior that will look good in free for all environments but cant pick up schemes and is nothing more than an end of the bench guy.

This draft is ridiculous. I'm starting to talk myself into these three low production high upside PFs and its making me feel bad. 2013 was bad but at least that draft had some intrigue late in the lotto. McCollum, Muhammad, and Giannis were interesting players sitting there.

If Skal and Davis are legitimate options for us despite production issues maybe Diallo should be too. Normally I'd scoff at drafting a guy who averaged 3 and 2 in college (and I still have extreme doubts) but the dude put up 18 and 4 with 4 blocks in 22 minutes in the draft combine day 1 and 9 points 10 rebounds and 2 blocks the second day.

still don't think we should draft him at 11 but if we move down he might be someone to keep an eye on.

Or maybe he's a workout warrior that will look good in free for all environments but cant pick up schemes and is nothing more than an end of the bench guy.

This draft is ridiculous. I'm starting to talk myself into these three low production high upside PFs and its making me feel bad. 2013 was bad but at least that draft had some intrigue late in the lotto. McCollum, Muhammad, and Giannis were interesting players sitting there.

I like Diallo. As long as he knows his role (in an interview, he seems to express all he wants to do is rebound and block shots), i think he can be decent gamble. Upside would be who, Biyombo?

I've some to the same realization as you and really hope we trade the pick to avoid adding additional salary, or to help us dump some salary, for this summer.

I don't really understand this draft either. Is there a difference between what Cliff Alexander did last year and Skal and Diallo this year? Yet Alexander goes undrafted last year and Skal and Diallo are first round prospects? I actually think there are some interesting guys in this draft, particularly a couple of the international big men, but those guys seem to be mocked in the 20-40 range whie guys who came off the bench in college are lottery picks. Insane. I'm on board team trade down.

nah, he wont go before 11. if he does then Poeltl probably falls to us and that wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I doubt Poeltl falls past the Bucks. I read they wanted him last year but he returned to school. Coincidentally, they had another bad year and he's available for them again. Anything is possible.

I think Raptors take Davis to replace Biyombo. Kings take Chriss, or whoever falls if Chriss goes higher; maybe Baldwin sneaks up there?

I think we're stuck with Ellenson, Skal, , Sobonis, Valentine, & Luwawu to pick from. If Baldwin, or anyone jumps to top 9, that better for us with Poeltl or Davis.

I love this time of year but hate it cause I waste so much damn time thinking about things that don't matter in my life, lol.

I doubt Poeltl falls past the Bucks. I read they wanted him last year but he returned to school. Coincidentally, they had another bad year and he's available for them again. Anything is possible.

I think Raptors take Davis to replace Biyombo. Kings take Chriss, or whoever falls if Chriss goes higher; maybe Baldwin sneaks up there?

I think we're stuck with Ellenson, Skal, , Sobonis, Valentine, & Luwawu to pick from. If Baldwin, or anyone jumps to top 9, that better for us with Poeltl or Davis.

I love this time of year but hate it cause I waste so much damn time thinking about things that don't matter in my life, lol.

I REALLY want to be on the Valentine train but I just don't see how he's a fit on our team.

Watching the playoffs you can see what OKC did to great teams by just throwing a ton of good long hyper athletic guys out there. OKC played Westbrook, Waiters, Roberson, Durant, ibaka a lot.

We can be that type of team (not talent wise but pain in the ass to score against type of team) by running a payton-oladipo-hezonja-gordon-? lineup. That lineup is long. there's no explicit weakness on defense. Valentine will be good, but lets say oladipo misses a few games. You don't want our entire defensive ability to collapse just because you insert Valentine into the starting lineup. same deal with ellenson

Davis is probably our best bet to fill that center spot.

this might be the worst draft from 5 to 20 that I can remember.

I think you can argue 20-30 last year is better than 5 to 20 this year.

Delon Wright= Kris Dunn

RJ Hunter= Murray

Looney=Davis

Nance=Skal

tyus jones = Demetrius Jackson

Portis=Ellenson

Justin Anderson= Jaylen Brown

Completely agree. This draft is the definition of mediocre past 4, if you ask me.

I REALLY want to be on the Valentine train but I just don't see how he's a fit on our team.

Watching the playoffs you can see what OKC did to great teams by just throwing a ton of good long hyper athletic guys out there. OKC played Westbrook, Waiters, Roberson, Durant, ibaka a lot.

We can be that type of team (not talent wise but pain in the ass to score against type of team) by running a payton-oladipo-hezonja-gordon-? lineup. That lineup is long. there's no explicit weakness on defense. Valentine will be good, but lets say oladipo misses a few games. You don't want our entire defensive ability to collapse just because you insert Valentine into the starting lineup. same deal with ellenson

Davis is probably our best bet to fill that center spot.

or Payton/Oladipo/Hezonja/Durant/Gordon?????

LOL seriously, Davis has the best length in our range. Diallo is long too; same measurements as Biyombo except 2" shorter wingspan.

I'd take Luwawu over Valentine. Think a longer Fournier with a little better D and a little worse O. I wish we weren't so stacked at his position. Maybe we take him anyway as insurance or a draft a stash and see how Fournier/Oladipo workout over the next year?