CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

I still don't understand why no one seems to be talking about Sabonis. To me he seems to be the most ready big around. No, he is not a shot blocker, but he has a high basketball IQ, is a good fundamental rebounder, and is a decent defender. What am I missing? I am seeing a younger, somewhat better version of Jason Smith as his floor - not bad for #11 to step in as a PF, small ball C.

Because his ceiling is Vucevic and we've seen how limiting a strong offensive/weak defensive center is to team success.

I still don't understand why no one seems to be talking about Sabonis. To me he seems to be the most ready big around. No, he is not a shot blocker, but he has a high basketball IQ, is a good fundamental rebounder, and is a decent defender. What am I missing? I am seeing a younger, somewhat better version of Jason Smith as his floor - not bad for #11 to step in as a PF, small ball C.

One limiting factor is he is an average athlete, which limits his upside at both ends of the court. Another issue is his lack of length, he has a wingspan of 6ft 10.5", which is less than Denzel Valentine (6ft 10.75" wingspan) who is a shooting guard. He does have a nice touch on offense and does have a developing perimeter shot, which may help him make the transition to the NBA, but in reality his ceiling is closer to being a good role player off the bench than a potential starter.

We could really use a better shot blocker and defender

I'm really down for trading down ala the P4TW scenario.

Draft and stash Ante Zizic or Zhou Qi. Then pick a combination something like Felder, Brogdon, Saikam and Uthoff.

I think I'd be more excited about that than anyone we can get at 11. Hell, even draft and stash Maker if you want.

During one of his drills, he almost knocked himself out, barely missing hitting his forehead on the rim during a powerful dunk. There aren't a lot of 6-foot-10 forwards with his combination of explosive leaping ability and agility. He moves as well as any big I've seen since Andre Drummond.

But Chriss isn't just an athlete. He also comes with a sweet stroke that should allow him to be a stretch-4 in the league. And his leaping ability and aggressiveness on defense make him a terrific option as a rim protector.

He needs to get stronger, become a better rebounder and stay out of foul trouble, but he brings tools to the floor that make his ceiling as high as that of anyone in this draft not named Ben Simmons or Brandon Ingram. The fact that he's one of the youngest players in the draft also helps his cause.

While we have generally pegged him in the No. 7-10 range, teams as high as the Suns at No. 4 are considering him. They need a stretch floor, and the other options (Dragan Bender, Henry Ellenson) don't have the athletic upside that Chriss does.

There is a risk factor with Chriss, though. He's far from a finished prospect and scouts have wrung their hands a bit about whether he's mature enough for the NBA. His body language at Washington could have been better. For Chriss, it's not a question they should worry about.

http://espn.go.com/n...-2016-nba-draft

If we can get Evan Turner at 11 I'm completely fine with that. I don't know what your expectations are if you think getting a versatile role player at 11 is a bad thing.

Totally agree here. Evan Turner type at 11 would do wonders for this team.

Porzingis is sooooooooooooooooooo much better of a prospect

I do agree with that. But I seriously think, Maker is going to be that guy where alot of teams pass because there's not enough evidence. Yet he becomes a very decent player.

I can't believe we haven't heard about any player workouts besides Ben bentil. I actually like Bentil but still I need more draft hype.

I like Thon too. I wouldn't even mind taking him at 11. I would just view it as a stash pick much like if we were to take an international guy who wouldn't come over for a couple years.