CTMagicUK

2016 NBA Draft Thread

I wonder what a 9-12 pick could get us, not much without the prospect of it potentially being top 3 I imagine (traded before the draft lottery).

I'd say there's more value in keeping the pick and hoping it turns into a rotation player on a rookie scale contract than the value we'd get in return. The cap hold is minimal, we would have enough for 2 max players either way, not more.

I wonder what a 9-12 pick could get us, not much without the prospect of it potentially being top 3 I imagine (traded before the draft lottery).

I'd say there's more value in keeping the pick and hoping it turns into a rotation player on a rookie scale contract than the value we'd get in return. The cap hold is minimal, we would have enough for 2 max players either way, not more.

Depends on if we want to keep Fournier. 50 million isn't enough for two max players.

Right, buy there is a difference between wanting to do something and actually doing it

Whether it happens this year or not we still have to keep the cap flexible for when it does happen. It's not like we can magicaly make it all disappear. Cap space is always a issue.

I don't see us trading the pick. This is a deep draft for raw bigs but not much in the way of wing scoring.

We could use some depth at the 4/5 spot especially on a rookie deal.

Zimmerman, Sabonis, Labissiere are guys who will probably be available depending on our draft spot.

Cat Barber would be nice if we are picking outside the top ten and want a back up PG who can score off the bench.

I don't see us trading the pick. This is a deep draft for raw bigs but not much in the way of wing scoring.

We could use some depth at the 4/5 spot especially on a rookie deal.

Zimmerman, Sabonis, Labissiere are guys who will probably be available depending on our draft spot.

Cat Barber would be nice if we are picking outside the top ten and want a back up PG who can score off the bench.

none of those guys are lotto picks though.

Zimmerman might be.

Big Zimm is weird to me. As of now his biggest negative is his strength. He's been pushed around all year. Even getting stronger I don't see him as more than a 14 and 8 guy. Is that lottery worthy?

He's also been injured a ton this year so either he is brittle or he isn't and I just Haven seen enough of him.