Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

GAME THREAD: UTAH JAZZ @ ORLANDO MAGIC

You're tired man. Go to sleep.

I'm pretty sure he was insinuating that if Fournier started at the 2 and Dipo came off the bench Harris would have to slide over to SF which would leave Frye or Gordon starting. Most likely it would be Frye. Which is what happened tonight...

Man...Here comes the Vic haters again. Such bad memories. Can't wait for him to get on a roll like he did after the all star game.

Well, when he consistently does one of those three things I listed even remotely well I'll stop being a "hater"

Here's a few facts on the Fournier/Oladipo debate.

When Fournier is on the court, the Magic offensive rating is 102.4, and when he's off the court it's 100.9, for a net positive rating of 1.5.

When Fournier is on the court, the opponent offensive rating is 105.9, and when he's off the court it's 90.0, for a net negative rating of 15.9.

The net Fournier on court vs off court is negative 14.4.

http://www.basketbal...01/on-off/2016/

When Oladipo is on the court, the Magic offensive rating is 104.1, and when he's off the court it's 96.9, for a net positive rating of 7.2.

When Oladipo is on the court, the opponent offensive rating is 103.1, and when he's off the court it's 99.6, for a net negative rating of 3.5.

The net Oladipo on court vs off court is positive 3.7.

So today's thing is a bunch of people acting like Fournier was suddenly so much better playing at the 2 after one game, as opposed to the last EIGHT games (not so great on opening night) at the 3???

Please just stop the pain, just stop. :svgsad:

P.S. Besides, if any of our swing guys should be coming off the bench, it's certainly Harris before Dipo or Fournier. Or Frye before all of them, quite frankly.

• Upvote 1

Here's a few facts on the Fournier/Oladipo debate.

When Fournier is on the court, the Magic offensive rating is 102.4, and when he's off the court it's 100.9, for a net positive rating of 1.5.

When Fournier is on the court, the opponent offensive rating is 105.9, and when he's off the court it's 90.0, for a net negative rating of 15.9.

The net Fournier on court vs off court is negative 14.4.

When Oladipo is on the court, the Magic offensive rating is 104.1, and when he's off the court it's 96.9, for a net positive rating of 7.2.

When Oladipo is on the court, the opponent offensive rating is 103.1, and when he's off the court it's 99.6, for a net negative rating of 3.5.

The net Oladipo on court vs off court is positive 3.7.

Right.

When Victor Oladipo isn't scoring well, he does a lot of things to help his team win. He rebounds very well for a shooting guard, has played elite defense so far this season both on and off the ball, passes well, and will create a couple fast breaks a game off steals and blocks.

When Evan Fournier isn't scoring well, he's a slightly above average on-the-ball defender. When Fournier isn't scoring well, he's an ok 8th man.

Also, the idea that Fournier needs to take Oladipo's minutes is insanity anyway, given that he currently leads the NBA in minutes played.

• Upvote 2

Right.

When Victor Oladipo isn't scoring well, he does a lot of things to help his team win. He rebounds very well for a shooting guard, has played elite defense so far this season both on and off the ball, passes well, and will create a couple fast breaks a game off steals and blocks.

When Evan Fournier isn't scoring well, he's a slightly above average on-the-ball defender. When Fournier isn't scoring well, he's an ok 8th man.

Also, the idea that Fournier needs to take Oladipo's minutes is insanity anyway, given that he currently leads the NBA in minutes played.

It's also interesting that there's a presumption that we need a good shooting guard to play next to Payton rather than a competent point guard to play next to Oladipo.

I mean, I'm not suggesting we need to make any changes with this team given the youth and expectations for this team. But point guards who can score 14 ppg, get 6 assists, and make 2ish threes per game grow on trees and Payton has been pretty bad.

It's also interesting that there's a presumption that we need a good shooting guard to play next to Payton rather than a competent point guard to play next to Oladipo.

I mean, I'm not suggesting we need to make any changes with this team given the youth and expectations for this team. But point guards who can score 14 ppg, get 6 assists, and make 2ish threes per game grow on trees and Payton has been pretty bad.

There are actually only 2 guards averaging over 14 ppg,6 assists and 2 3 pointers a game this season so far (Lowry and Lillard)... but I do get your point because there are 17 guards averaging over 12 ppg, 4 assists and 1 3 pointer a game.