Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: MAGIC Vs LAKERS

The Lakers broadcast team is one of the most annoying teams I've ever listened to. I always forget how much I hate them until I hear them again....

Yeah, the announcers are annoying as hell. I live in San Diego so I only get Laker games outside of espn and tnt. It was nice for us to get that win so the laker announcers couldn't say anything nice about their team.

Great win though.

Ah ****. We're going to have a point guard controversy aren't we?

He just went 8-10 last game. We have to chalk this up as just a really off night. Benching him might shatter any hope we have for him improving. lets let the kid work through it and assess the situation later in the year. Its too early for a controversy.

Skiles raging during the presser. Rightfully so. Well done Vooch. We needed that. Should of smashed the life out of them but a W is a W

• Upvote 1

He just went 8-10 last game. We have to chalk this up as just a really off night. Benching him might shatter any hope we have for him improving. lets let the kid work through it and assess the situation later in the year. Its too early for a controversy.

Yeah. I think sticking with Payton is definitely the answer. It just mirrors jameer vs Arroyo.

Young point guard who was drafted as a foundational piece and flashed inconsistent talent his rookie year vs a slightly older and unheralded guard who has talent but a flawed game that will prevent him from being a regular starter in the league who is also a cult hero at a lower level but can't find his place in the nba.

Each PG did was he was good at. Napier just got hot. There is room for all 3 and we need all 3 really. Payton is the guy still in my mind, especially with Vooch playing. Payton has too much potential to give up so soon , he is just not a scorer. Watson should produce being an 8-year vet. Napier can shoot but he is not the pure PG or defender that Payton is. Napier is a nice luxury to have for a team not shooting well.

Our blown chances in the paint are ridiculous. We must fix that mess.

And can we not give leads back everytime on the ensuing possession. Especially late in the game. Reaching and being overly aggressive will get us beat the way guards have to be defended. Move your damn feet and make it tough, the percentages are in your favor unless it's Curry, Westbrook, Harden, or Lebron.

Thanks Vooch for saving our ***! Go Magic!

• Upvote 1

Watson is doing fine for a backup. Napier scoring just makes him look good. Napier is rarely criticized when he doesn't shoot great either. Would love to think he can do what he did tonight consistently, but anyone being honest with themthemself knows it's not happening. He just had a career game against crappy defense.

Remember how me we loved Darrell Armstrong, yet he was never a big scorer.

I'm not sure why the consensus seems to be that Payton needs time to develop but that Napier is pretty much a known quantity. Both are second year players. I know all the talk is about defense, but the fact is we also need guys who can make shots and Napier is making shots. Should earn him more time. I thought he was tenacious on defense tonight also.

Skiles seemed pretty mad during the press conference. I can only imagine what he would have been like had we lost.....LOL.