Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Raptors vs Magic 11/6

Great finish! Our offense stalled a bit at times late in forth, but our defense helped us seal the game. That's how we are gonna win games!

Wicked. Great win. No vooch. Team win. Well done boys. Goodnight from the UK guys. Let's get Philly tomorrow

I have work at 8am totally worth the lack of sleep, pretty pumped so think it might take a while to catch a few hours of zzzzz's.

The bench really came through and to do it without vooch as well. Really good win today :D

At least Victor knows he sucks at making layups. That means hes probably working on it and we cant ask for more than that.

"...and I gotta make layups"-Victor Oladipo lol

I know I"m partial, but you gotta love this guy's personality. He's awesome!

This team is starting to get it. The close losses have began to mold these teams into something good. They didn't give up and played hard nosed D to close out the game and then Dipo/Fournier sealed it for us with clutch free throws. Anyway, good game for our team, there is no way we will lose to Philly, they are absolutely horrendous. If we go 6-4 through the first ten I will be satisfied.

Great effort from tobias. 80% shooting. We overcame opponent free throw shooting and offensive rebounds to win the game. Toronto feels like crap losing to us. You can tell by how they left the game.

Corey Joseph, Kyle Lowry, Demarr Derozan. The Magic overcame all of them and their capabilities. Corey Joseph shot a ridiculous 7-9. Not surprised considering him playing behind tony parker so may years. He has his basketball mannerisms.

Oladipo played great and on the layups he blew, he was fouled. No call of course. Its alright.

Oladipo and Harris made up for the production of Fournier who despite having plummeted percentages, played an above average game.

Hezonja's defense looks much improved. He's still needs work on offense and rotations on defense.

Aaron Gordon hasn't disappointed me all season.

Now..on to Elfrid payton being benched. I think he deserved it. His net on court proved it. -17 with Payton on the court. Payton was a liability for most of the game. I hope he doesn't lose confidence because his head was down most of the game. I believe this type of discipline is good for him. We expect the best out of our players from here on in.

This win felt better than the New Orleans game. We beat the team atop the eastern conference. We answered all their shots past the 6 minute mark. We finally got a convincing win in which we didn't choke or nothing miraculous happened in favor of the opponent. Most of all, the Magic kept playing until the last possession.

• Upvote 1

Awesome win. No huge surprise to me. IMO we are a better team than Toronto, but Derozan and Lowry are great players.

Oladipo - if he can just make his layups he would have had a pretty close to perfect game. He slacked on D in the 3rd and got yanked, but this was a very nice game from him. at some point he has to figure out the layup issue though.

Harris - Harris has been our most consistent player. He is abusing people at that 4 position. They finally put Carroll on him and that didn't even matter. When we needed baskets badly he delivered. IMO he should be our go to guy moving forward simply because he can create high % shots out of the post and his 3 ball is looking nice.

Payton - he is slumping very badly. Really getting outplayed by guys he is more talented then. But without a consistent shot he probably won't see starters minutes every night. Skiles is playing the hot hand at PG and tonight it was Watson. I also liked how we went 2 PG with Watson and Napier. It was a nice tandem back there. Pretty decent results.

Dedmon - He had a great night. Just a really great defensive effort and unfortunately he will get called for ticky tack fouls which he needs to watch out for. Nice to come out as a starting C against a top rated team and get a win.

Fournier- a solid effort from a guy who is not going to give us 29 a night. But we will always get fantastic finishes around the rim and highly efficient play. It was a very smart move to start this guy, and I like that Skiles has stuck with his starting 5 so far.

Off the bench I loved Gordon and Hezonja tonight. Hezonja shot poorly but his defensive effort was excellent and his in the process of being "broken" a little. By that I mean his ego is under control now that he sees what high level basketball is about. He is incredibly talented at finishing near the rim, so even when his shot is not dropping he can still finish fast breaks and keep the ball moving on offense. His defense shows a lot or promise and is something I do not think many people expected to see so fast (if ever).

Gordon showed he can play lights out when he is in rhythm and when he shoots out of rhythm it can look pretty bad. That being said, now when he comes into the game he adds a ton of energy and defense. He is developing into a stud player off the bench.

Great game. It would have crushed me to lose this one. We played too well to lose. Finally the streak is over. Sick of losing to TOR.

This team is starting to get it. The close losses have began to mold these teams into something good. They didn't give up and played hard nosed D to close out the game and then Dipo/Fournier sealed it for us with clutch free throws. Anyway, good game for our team, there is no way we will lose to Philly, they are absolutely horrendous. If we go 6-4 through the first ten I will be satisfied.

Nah man, we played the same way every single game this season. The only difference is some things bounced our way instead of the other way. Had we gotten a break against Washington or okc or Houston it would have been enough for a win.

If we were a really fortunate team we could be 5-1.

Every team we've played so far is good. Tomorrow we'll see what type of team we are. If we put it on Philly is another bit of evidence that we are much better than our record indicates.

Yes exactly. This is what some of us have been saying about the close losses early. People think you flip a switch and win games all of a sudden, but it doesnt happen that way. The Magic are rapidly developing and learning from their losses as we watch. It is very impressive to see.

I think we have made some changes, subtle stuff. Just Skiles figuring out who should get plays late in the game when guys get tight and things of that nature.

But for the most part the team is performing like the first few games, just growing up and adjusting in little ways so they can finish out these tight games.

There are so many things that I'm happy about that there's no way I could write them all down

--

It was very encouraging to see us overcome that horrible 3rd quarter.

Also, Tobias had a HUGE game. What a player! Amazing game

Oladipo was a beast, he keeps improving and flirting with an All-Star spot

Fournier was quiet but showed up when it mattered the most, in the clutch

--

It will be interesting to see what happens with Payton. I loved his game against OKC, but whenever he shoots the ball really well it seems like a fluke.