Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Right now we are in that weird lull between the regular season and the pre-season. I mean we could discuss to death the outcome of the season, but the season opener will be a good measuring stick of where this team is heading, which is probably what the majority of people on the forums are waiting for. Those of us who are deeply interested in seeing how far we have really progressed as NBA.com seems to think we are the 28th team in the NBA, are going to be watching this game, and evaluating. Probably giving some form of discussion to talk about how we are fairing. Right now all I can do is preach what I have preached during pre-season. I think Shabazz is legit and for what we got him for, it is almost laughable to think he will use that to propel himself forward this season. Probably even snagging the back-up role from Watson. Payton has to improve and has to stay healthy. He needs to be agressive and I just don't know if he can do that. Oladipo needs to be efficient and literally nothing else, he already fills the stat sheet. Harris needs to keep doing what he did in pre-season, Nick too. Our forward position is going to be interesting this year as I don't know who our official two starting forwards are. I want to say Gordon is a legitimate starter this year and will surprise the league, but the small sample size is an issue. He looked good in that sample size though.

Took the plunge and upgraded to a 60" 4K television. I know there is not a lot of true 4K viewing yet, but it upgrades 1080 to a level that is very close to 4K. Watched football on it yesterday, and it was amazing. Looking forward to this coming Magic season more now than ever. Turn off the living room lights, sit five feet away from the screen, turn on the surround sound, and I will be sitting in high dollar seats at Amway watching a team that I think is going to play above all expectations. Go Magic!

Right now we are in that weird lull between the regular season and the pre-season. I mean we could discuss to death the outcome of the season, but the season opener will be a good measuring stick of where this team is heading, which is probably what the majority of people on the forums are waiting for.

The first game will give us plenty of fodder but I don't know how good of a measuring stick the first game is. For one, it's one game. Two, it's the first game. Three, if Payton plays it'll be the first time our starting PG plays with the rest of the guys in weeks. And four, they are clearly still working on Skiles system. I expect us to be a much better team a couple months into the season than we'll be in game 1.

I think the thing that worries me the most this preseason and will be something to keep an eye on early in the season is the FT discrepancy. If that carries into the regular season we will be out of the playoff hunt by the All-Star break.