Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on your questions, but my darling wife was kind enough to buy me a new Harley for Christmas, and cruising up and down the west coast was a priority for me. As far as voting for Jerry West, you do realize that he is no longer an active player on a roster now don't you? New flash Space Lord, he's retired and in the Hall of Fame. Kevin Garnett? A very good player who might make it to the Hall of Fame, but his votes will be minuscule compared to Kobe Bryant. How many players have scored as many points as Kobe? The answer is 2. If Kobe played his entire career in Orlando, I'm pretty sure that everybody on this forum would vote for him to be there this year. It's a popular vote when it comes to legends, and always will be, especially when you are the 3rd leading scorer EVER to play the game. As far as the NFL Pro Bowl game, in 2015, according to the Nielson ratings, it drew 5.1 million viewers, and the MLB All Star game drew 6.6 million viewers. The baseball all star game is still the only one I watch because it's the only all star game that both teams actually play real defense in. But that's simply my personal prerogative and I don' t expect or care if you agree with me. I also believe that even if they took the fan vote out of it, and only allowed players and coaches to vote, that Kobe would still be on the all star squad. Personally, I don't like Kobe, but I do respect his accomplishments.

Dipo > Kobe

Sorry it took so long to get back to you on your questions, but my darling wife was kind enough to buy me a new Harley for Christmas, and cruising up and down the west coast was a priority for me. As far as voting for Jerry West, you do realize that he is no longer an active player on a roster now don't you? New flash Space Lord, he's retired and in the Hall of Fame. Kevin Garnett? A very good player who might make it to the Hall of Fame, but his votes will be minuscule compared to Kobe Bryant. How many players have scored as many points as Kobe? The answer is 2. If Kobe played his entire career in Orlando, I'm pretty sure that everybody on this forum would vote for him to be there this year. It's a popular vote when it comes to legends, and always will be, especially when you are the 3rd leading scorer EVER to play the game. As far as the NFL Pro Bowl game, in 2015, according to the Nielson ratings, it drew 5.1 million viewers, and the MLB All Star game drew 6.6 million viewers. The baseball all star game is still the only one I watch because it's the only all star game that both teams actually play real defense in. But that's simply my personal prerogative and I don' t expect or care if you agree with me. I also believe that even if they took the fan vote out of it, and only allowed players and coaches to vote, that Kobe would still be on the all star squad. Personally, I don't like Kobe, but I do respect his accomplishments.

Wait, you think Kobe is better than Garnett?

lol

I'm glad this forum isn't self destructing like RealGm about Oladipo. I mean...seriously.

I brought this question up with a few of my fellow magic fans and am wondering who do you guys think will be possible trade acquisitions/bait for the deadline? Considering our success as of right now., I feel that hennigan may make a move or two to guarantee a spot in the playoffs.

I'm not worried about Oladipo. I find it hard to believe that last year's shooting for him was a fluke given the number of attempts. I keep using the Jimmy Butler example but his 3rd year I remember some people picked Butler for MIP and then he just didn't produce on offense at all but he managed to make the all defensive 2nd team.

Whether he makes it or not I think Oladipos defense has been all defense worthy and even if he doesn't reach Butlers level I still feel like he can be a (prime) Andre Igoudala type.

I'm not worried about Oladipo. I find it hard to believe that last year's shooting for him was a fluke given the number of attempts. I keep using the Jimmy Butler example but his 3rd year I remember some people picked Butler for MIP and then he just didn't produce on offense at all but he managed to make the all defensive 2nd team.

Whether he makes it or not I think Oladipos defense has been all defense worthy and even if he doesn't reach Butlers level I still feel like he can be a (prime) Andre Igoudala type.

This is what I tell myself too. It's why I haven't given up on him personally. I got this feeling we'll see him get it going as the season gets near the playoffs. Then I wanna see how he responds in the off season under Skiles and after having an challenging season that I'm sure didn't meet up to his expectations. He could come out next year as an better, stronger, both physically and mentally, player.

The problem with Oladipo is that his offensive metrics rank way lower than all the popular comps. He's just a straight up bad offensive player. Only Shabazz Napier has a lower total offensive win shares this year on the team. At this point his best bet is maybe he learns how to hit corner 3's with some accuracy and become a 3 and D guy.

The problem with Oladipo is that his offensive metrics rank way lower than all the popular comps. He's just a straight up bad offensive player. Only Shabazz Napier has a lower total offensive win shares this year on the team. At this point his best bet is maybe he learns how to hit corner 3's with some accuracy and become a 3 and D guy.

You don't even have to go outside of his basic stats to see he's been bad offensively. However, he's better than this and it's wise to keep things in perspective. He's only in year 3 under a new system, and coming from an collegiate career based on slashing and defense. Is he ever going to be Ray Allen? No, highly unlikely but he's not done learning or on his prime.

I wonder what the metrics and advance stats say last year in December and on. He was flat out balling consistently.

I've been too content with the Magic lately. Time to find something to petty to ***** about.

Advanced

Advance.png

Misc

Misc.png

Shooting

Scoring.png

Traditional

traditional_stats.png

So much to ***** about.....

Wait, you think Kobe is better than Garnett?

lol

Yeah, that's a weird argument to me; switch their team situations, and Garnett would be argued as the GOAT while Kobe would be seen as a version of Wade that held up better.

Hell, I'm thinking about it now and thinking about Kobe's long running tendency to be lazy as hell on defense(sidenote: that he has multiple 1st team all-defense awards is infuriating to me), I'm not sure I'd consider Kobe a top 4 player in any year of his career. Even the MVP he won was pretty clearly a lifetime achievement award, and that was 8 years ago. Looking at his seasons by win shares, and he gets beaten badly by the likes of John Stockton, who no one would argue deserved to be making all-star games in his 19th season, even though unlike Kobe, Stockton was still at least a positive influence on his team in his 19th season(9 win shares!).