Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

The All Star game is nothing but a showcase for fans, and since this is his last year he has earned the right to be there. Whether you like him or not, he is one of the best players in your generation to have played the game. I remember when Willie Mays was voted onto the All Star team his last year, and he was having a horrible year, but it would've been a travesty if he wasn't there.

The All Star game is a joke anyways. They shouldn't list it as an accolade when talking about things players have done over the years.

I have to imagine that Wroten is a bad locker room presence otherwise this move makes no sense. It's completely against everything Hinkie has ever done.

EDIT: although Wroten isn't exactly a good basketball player so maybe it's his unguaranteed money that got him cut.

They're saying that the just hired Jerry Colangelo was responsible for the move

The All Star game is nothing but a showcase for fans, and since this is his last year he has earned the right to be there. Whether you like him or not, he is one of the best players in your generation to have played the game. I remember when Willie Mays was voted onto the All Star team his last year, and he was having a horrible year, but it would've been a travesty if he wasn't there.

Can we just add an automatic "senior" spot to both conferences and let the guys that have had an all-star season be all-stars? The lifetime achievement awards screw over guys every year. I understand the game is a joke, but should Vucevic really have to miss out on the experience because the fans voted for Paul Pierce?

Can we just add an automatic "senior" spot to both conferences and let the guys that have had an all-star season be all-stars? The lifetime achievement awards screw over guys every year. I understand the game is a joke, but should Vucevic really have to miss out on the experience because the fans voted for Paul Pierce?

I would rather be selected by the coaches in many ways.

But i guess if you are selected in this first 5 of each conference you are top 10-15 NBA player so i see that side to it also..

STUDYING THE NUMBERS: Scott Skiles is as gritty and old school as they come as far as being a coach who is tough, not allowing excuses and driving his players.

But Skiles is also progressive and accepting of the new wave of analytics in basketball. He and his staff have periodic meetings with Orlando’s analytics team and that info is used somewhat in determining what lineups that the Magic lean the heaviest on and the player pairings that are used for long stretches. There weren’t many ``numbers guys’’ in the NBA when Skiles played in the late 1980s and throughout the 1990s, but he’s been very accepting of the analytical studies as a head coach.

"The numbers and the analytics guys go deep into everything and they prove that we’ve been better with Channing on the floor. Multiple players’ ratings are better (with Frye playing), but the reason I say there’s no permanence to it is because we’re not that type of team yet. We have to take it game-by-game and week-by-week and see how we’re playing.’’

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/frye-sees-magic-teammates-extended-family-members

So your argument is that because baseball fans once did something hugely stupid, it's totally cool if basketball fans also do something stupid?

Why not vote in Kevin Garnett? Or hell, why not vote in Jerry West for that matter? He's a legend, right?

So your argument is that because baseball fans once did something hugely stupid, it's totally cool if basketball fans also do something stupid?

Why not vote in Kevin Garnett? Or hell, why not vote in Jerry West for that matter? He's a legend, right?

As long as the fans vote for any All Star game, it will be a popularity contest. Period. The game is strictly for entertainment purposes in baseball and basketball and you would have to be stupid not to know that. The only All Star game that is composed of players who actually are the best at their positions is the NFL, and nobody watches it even though it is by far the most popular professional sport in the country.

Again: just because something IS like this doesn't mean it should be. If All-star game appearances are a metric by which players are judged historically, and they are, then putting in arguably the worst starting shooting guard in the NBA this season(and arguably, worst ever) just because he was a great player 5 or 6 years ago is ridiculous, particularly when that player already has a minimum of 4 All-star appearances that he had no business getting.

And you never answered my question: Why not vote in Kevin Garnett? Or Jerry West? Both guys are popular and both are legends. Why not them?

Also, I don't know why you'd argue that no one watches the NFL Pro-bowl, given that it typically gets better ratings than almost any game the NBA, MLB or NHL puts on.

If All-star game appearances are a metric by which players are judged historically, and they are, then putting in arguably the worst starting shooting guard in the NBA this season(and arguably, worst ever) just because he was a great player 5 or 6 years ago is ridiculous, particularly when that player already has a minimum of 4 All-star appearances that he had no business getting.

Exactly. Voodoo Man's argument is just awful.

I'm not someone who is overly concerned with the all star game. It's no big deal that they start Kobe. Just like it was no big deal when they started Grant hill.

Look I agree with u. But KG wasn't voted by the fans. As it stands, does PP have the vote? If so, based on CURRENT rules then he plays. Does he deserve it? No...

I posted on spurstalk forum about the extreme flawed logic about having kobe in the all-star game but knew DOM would come in and shut it down.

Granted, the year he got injured a couple of years ago, people were still trying to vote him in even though he wasn't at all putting close to even bench tier numbers up. I'm actually glad he's retiring because he's watering down what it means to be in all-star. Bryant is done and was done a long time ago. He's already got into all-stars he didn't deserve to be in.

For me, he's already won championships he didn't *****ing earn. He's a pompous ******* that everyone continues to pamper. The NBA saved his career from ending as an embarrassing laughing stock to by getting their extraordinary brainwashing narrative writing team to the perception of.........: "Awww....Kobe's retiring...and sailing away and going into his tomb under the pyramids of Giza ". He's already gotten grossly paid on for doing nothing. Now you want to have him as an all-star?....putting 3rd tier fringe NBA player numbers up with a per under league average?

I haven't watched the all-star game seriously since I was 17 years old...realizing that people who deserve the title "All-star", aren't given the title because ignorance is a bliss. By process of cleaning up the game, the NBA needs to make sure players receive awards or renown they eminence they deserve, This would increase the prestige among real basketball fans. To quote David Simon, "***** the average viewer".

As mentioned before, Why not Kevin Garnett. Hell we could throw Ray Allen, and Pierce into the mix.