Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I would make 0 trades right now. We're winning, I wouldn't want to ruin chemistry...trading a guy can do that -- we've seen it many times before

That's why you make smart trades.

Hard to say. None of our guys have great traditional stats

If Joe Johnson can make it scoring 15 ppg on a mediocre Nets team in 2014 then one of our guys will make the cut--probably Vucevic since he has the strongest reputation among the league.

Stats question. If a defensive player swipes the ball away from an offensive player but another defensive player gets possession of the ball, who gets credit for the steal? My reason for asking is EP does this a lot, but it seems that he is not always credited for the steal even though he was responsible for it.

Yes, in the long term.

Right now we're trying to make the playoffs.

Right, so if a deal is there that's helps us for long term success we turn that down for short term success or because we want to be able to say 0 trades? I don't get your logic.

Stats question. If a defensive player swipes the ball away from an offensive player but another defensive player gets possession of the ball, who gets credit for the steal? My reason for asking is EP does this a lot, but it seems that he is not always credited for the steal even though he was responsible for it.

I think they call this a 'deflection', which is always mentioned together with EP and Vic as something they are very good at, and not necessarily reflected in the Steal column. You can probably find it among more advance stats where they track them. I believe steal goes go to the person that gets the possession of the ball.

The guy that makes contact with the ball first gets the steal, the one in bold.