Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Patrick Patterson seems to have fallen off a cliff this year. I seem to recall we tried to sign him a couple years ago, but he went with Tororto.

Yeah, he might be ideal. Wonder if Larry Sanders has the itch to play again?

Thats a fair point.

ive just spent a ton of time looking and cant find that 4 for us. Kenneth Faried is probably available but not a floor spacer. Taj Gibson is probably available but he's declining. Luis Scola isnt great at defense but is also 35. Thad Young doesnt really move the needle for me. Kevin Love would be good but he's not available. Serge Ibaka isn't available.

Keep hoping atlanta fails and we can trade for Millsap.

Really shows how valuable a guy like Bosh is

Terrence Jones is really tanking his value. I bet we can get him in the offseason. But is he that good?

Markieff Morris? He's not great outside of 16 feet.

Trade up for Dragan Bender in the draft? Philly trades us Dario Saric for picks?

Ibaka would be perfect. Faried if he could shoot and defend.

Patrick Patterson seems to have fallen off a cliff this year. I seem to recall we tried to sign him a couple years ago, but he went with Tororto.

Yeah, he looked really good the second half of 13-14 and we tried to sign him. Looked like he was on the upswing but he just hasn't improved.

All of a sudden he's 26 and has averaged 7.9 ppg and 5.1 rpg in 25mpg over 156 games in toronto. For comparison's sake, Nicholson is currently averaging 8.5 ppg and 4.8 rpg in 19.5 mpg this season.

Yeah, he looked really good the second half of 13-14 and we tried to sign him. Looked like he was on the upswing but he just hasn't improved.

All of a sudden he's 26 and has averaged 7.9 ppg and 5.1 rpg in 25mpg over 156 games in toronto. For comparison's sake, Nicholson is currently averaging 8.5 ppg and 4.8 rpg in 19.5 mpg this season.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, but to your point, I'm not sure he's an upgrade to Nicholson.

Maybe he just needs a change of scenery, but to your point, I'm not sure he's an upgrade to Nicholson.

yeah.

And I'm not going to be upset if we somehow ended up with him. Just not really a "must have" type of guy.

That's hardly unique to sports media. The least useful thing, in any medium of reporting, is a long memory.

I mean hell: in the lead-up to the 2012 Presidential Election, Mitt Romney made getting unemployment below 6% before the end of his first term a key part of his campaign, and argued that he could do it and Obama couldn't, and the press, especially the conservative press, treated him like he was making an incredibly bold prediction of a vastly improved, Romney-led economy.

Unemployment is currently at 5%.

Thanks O-Bam-a

Another reason we might not want cousins:

He's the highest usage player in the league right now at 34.8 (i.e. the percentage of plays the guy uses when he's on the floor). Our highest usage player right now is Vucevic at 24.3. What's that going to do to our ball movement?

To me, that's probably a more valid reason not to go after him rather than the fact that he's a headcase. Being from the Chicago area, I remember the Chitown fan base freaking out when the Bulls acquired Rodman. Sure he was an incredible rebounder, but he was a player they hated, an original member of the Bad Boys, and would certainly be a cancer on the team. We all know how that turned out. He was a total freak on and off the court, but was more popular than Scotty Pippen in that town, and 72-10 would not have happened without him.

We're only 1.5 games back from the 2 seed even though we're currently in the 7 spot. Can we start talking about how the East is better than the West yet? 2-10 in the East seems to be completely different every day (much like the West in past seasons). There is still a lot more basketball left to play, but the East looks way more competitive this season.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25396160/warriors-sixers-skewing-strange-reality-that-east-is-better-than-west