Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

I'm amazed at how many things he's gotten wrong and yet people continue to support him and tout him as some insider with great sources. More often than not he gets something wrong and then somehow convinced the masses he was right all along.

It's weird to me. I can't stand him.

The way sport media funnels non-story after another down our throats (much like the national media or "news") most people develop pretty short memories. He and Skip make a thousand bold predictions and outlandish statements a day, and no one usually has the time or enthusiasm to keep up with how bad their records are or how badly they contradict themselves. It's sad lol

That's hardly unique to sports media. The least useful thing, in any medium of reporting, is a long memory.

I mean hell: in the lead-up to the 2012 Presidential Election, Mitt Romney made getting unemployment below 6% before the end of his first term a key part of his campaign, and argued that he could do it and Obama couldn't, and the press, especially the conservative press, treated him like he was making an incredibly bold prediction of a vastly improved, Romney-led economy.

Unemployment is currently at 5%.

Another reason we might not want cousins:

He's the highest usage player in the league right now at 34.8 (i.e. the percentage of plays the guy uses when he's on the floor). Our highest usage player right now is Vucevic at 24.3. What's that going to do to our ball movement?

Another reason we might not want cousins:

He's the highest usage player in the league right now at 34.8 (i.e. the percentage of plays the guy uses when he's on the floor). Our highest usage player right now is Vucevic at 24.3. What's that going to do to our ball movement?

Yeah, I'm kinda moving away from Cousins. I really want a 4 who defends, rebounds, and can space the floor. Wish there was an Shawn Marion like player out there.

Yeah, I'm kinda moving away from Cousins. I really want a 4 who defends, rebounds, and can space the floor. Wish there was an Shawn Marion like player out there.

If Gordon continues working on his 3 point shot, he could be that player.

If Gordon continues working on his 3 point shot, he could be that player.

It's what I was originally hoping for but he seems more comfortable as a 3 so I dunno.

It's what I was originally hoping for but he seems more comfortable as a 3 so I dunno.

Eh, so is harrison barnes and paul george and they're still pretty effective at 4.

Eh, so is harrison barnes and paul george and they're still pretty effective at 4.

Yeah but they don't spend a ton of time there. We're gonna have to get an full timer at that 4 spot. Henny and Skiles must feel the same since they went after Millsap.

Yeah but they don't spend a ton of time there. We're gonna have to get an full timer at that 4 spot. Henny and Skiles must feel the same since they went after Millsap.

Thats a fair point.

ive just spent a ton of time looking and cant find that 4 for us. Kenneth Faried is probably available but not a floor spacer. Taj Gibson is probably available but he's declining. Luis Scola isnt great at defense but is also 35. Thad Young doesnt really move the needle for me. Kevin Love would be good but he's not available. Serge Ibaka isn't available.

Keep hoping atlanta fails and we can trade for Millsap.

Really shows how valuable a guy like Bosh is

Terrence Jones is really tanking his value. I bet we can get him in the offseason. But is he that good?

Markieff Morris? He's not great outside of 16 feet.

Trade up for Dragan Bender in the draft? Philly trades us Dario Saric for picks?

Maybe the smart move is just do what we're doing. Play Frye. Play other power forward (nicholson). Play harris and gordon limited minutes at 4 when acceptable.

At the very least, Frye does one thing at an elite level that isn't replicable for the salary/minutes available. Anderson can do the same thing but he's going to get like 100 million from someone next offseason and i really dont want to deal with that.

The list of real stretch fours that are also elite level three point shooters is: Mirza Teletovic, Frye, Dirk, Illyasova, Anderson, Love.

Maybe we should just be happy we have one.