Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

Yea he's not going anywhere. They'll extend him and that will be that. I don't think Fournier is either but that's not as much of a sure thing.

I think we'll re-sign Fournier. I'm also kind of getting to like the idea of an Oladipo/Fournier starting backcourt and to upgrade our small forward spot. Evan's not a 3 in my opinion

If Dipo works on his strength this off season, next year he'll be an all star. Watching last night I could see in the 4th he struggled sustaining that much volume and playing hard defensively. He committed some turnovers with passes that didn't have a lot of oompf to them. His body language showed it too. The will was there but the body was exhausted.

Stil an awesome game and I hope we extend him. I firmly believe he should be a Magician for life.

I think we'll re-sign Fournier. I'm also kind of getting to like the idea of an Oladipo/Fournier starting backcourt and to upgrade our small forward spot. Evan's not a 3 in my opinion

Fournier has had his best games at the SF position. For whatever reason he is much better at that spot.

Fournier has had his best games at the SF position. For whatever reason he is much better at that spot.

Yea I'm not sure why, but he clearly plays better at SF. I'm good with Dipo/Fournier at the 2 and 3 moving forward. But we have to have a PG upgrade. I wish Fournier would put at little weight on his frame to help him on defense, but he plays really hard defensively. I'd say he's a bit underrated as a defender.

Yea I'm not sure why, but he clearly plays better at SF. I'm good with Dipo/Fournier at the 2 and 3 moving forward. But we have to have a PG upgrade. I wish Fournier would put at little weight on his frame to help him on defense, but he plays really hard defensively. I'd say he's a bit underrated as a defender.

Yea it's a combination of things we probably can't equate with numbers. I wouldn't mind a bit more weight as long as it doesn't affect his shiftiness on offense.

In regards to Oladipo I think he has improved vastly in his decision making/shot selection. I haven't looked up the numbers but it also seems like he has improved his mid range quite a bit.

Its nice to see Dipo playing like this. Pretty funny how much the narrative has changed about him on this board.

I honestly thought that Victor didn't have this type of game in him

I'm not shocked by it. He always had some Wade in him. Not saying he's gonna start averaging 40 a game but the issue with Victor was always consistency with his shot and over dribbling himself into bad situations. He's always been able to get his shot off, just never been able to hit them consistently. The past month or so, he's been very consistent for the most part.

Also worth noting:

In his last 5 games (all with Payton out) he's averaging 25.8 PPG, 3.8 RBP, 3.6 APG, 1.8 BPG, 2.4 SPG, shooting 55% from 3, 58% from the field.

Obviously those shooting numbers aren't sustainable but he's a better player with Payton out.

I honestly thought that Victor didn't have this type of game in him

Me neither. I say give him the keys to the offense for the remainder of the season and see what happens. Maybe super aggressive Oladipo can blossom into a star. Maybe.

It seems Dipo has come out of his shell. Vuc not being there as option 1 and Dipo paired with Jennings in the backcourt appears to yield good results for Dipo as a goto scorer.

Imagine that with a Dwight type player in the middle...

I'm not shocked by it. He always had some Wade in him. Not saying he's gonna start averaging 40 a game but the issue with Victor was always consistency with his shot and over dribbling himself into bad situations. He's always been able to get his shot off, just never been able to hit them consistently. The past month or so, he's been very consistent for the most part.

Also worth noting:

In his last 5 games (all with Payton out) he's averaging 25.8 PPG, 3.8 RBP, 3.6 APG, 1.8 BPG, 2.4 SPG, shooting 55% from 3, 58% from the field.

Obviously those shooting numbers aren't sustainable but he's a better player with Payton out.

Vuc also takes a lot of space and shots from our wings

Me neither. I say give him the keys to the offense for the remainder of the season and see what happens. Maybe super aggressive Oladipo can blossom into a star. Maybe.

He's had the "keys" to the offense since he got in Orlando. The problem is, that's when a lot of the "bad" Dipo happened. He's been given a ton of minutes and opportunity since the second he got here. He's just shooting better lately and letting the game come to him.