Fultz4thewin

The Official 2015-2016 Regular Season Thread

You do realize that Randle is considerably better than Gordon, right? He is such a better player that he made Gordon look like a bad defender when they matched up a few days ago...and that is the one strength Gordon has in favor of Randle. He is also more well rounded, has a true defined position, a higher ceiling (from offense alone), and is only 10 months older. I like Gordon too, but jeez your blinders must be cutting oxygen supply to your head if you think Gordon is better or will be better-barring a career threatening injury.

I think Gordon is significantly better than randle

You do realize that Randle is considerably better than Gordon, right? He is such a better player that he made Gordon look like a bad defender when they matched up a few days ago...and that is the one strength Gordon has in favor of Randle. He is also more well rounded, has a true defined position, a higher ceiling (from offense alone), and is only 10 months older. I like Gordon too, but jeez your blinders must be cutting oxygen supply to your head if you think Gordon is better or will be better-barring a career threatening injury.

sigh

Can the Rob apologist comment on these ones too?

The Sullinger one annoyed me . Not like he's a great player but he's much better than Nicholson and it seemed like an obvious value pick. This was his worse selection IMO.

Let's not forget Rob also took Nicholson over Fournier, who went with the next pick. Why not just take Fournier if he liked him so much? Instead we had to use one of our last good trade chips in AA to get him.

Gordon over Randle could be disputed. (Though I'm more on board with AG now, so this one can stay out for now)

I think Oladipo was a solid pick.

But at some point we have to talk about the Payton trade. That's looking like crap.

Sullinger had a major back injury just before the draft which eventually needed surgery. He was a risk. Reason why he dropped so much in the draft. I dont blame him for not risking the pick on him. Nicholson turned out to be a very good pick. Fournier was a no proven and international player which was also a very risky move. You have to remember that he picked Oquinn in the second round which turned out to be a very solid pick.

I think he did very well that year.

2013 pick. Dipo vs Noel. Again Noel came out of a major knee injury and was going to be out for the year. Dipo was the choice here which turned out to be very good move. I do have a problem with his second round pick that year. I was hoping for an international player here and was very high on Lauvergne. He picked Romero instead.

He did ok.

2014: I was one of the few that was shocked with Gordon pick. I did liked him a lot coming into the draft but i was higher on the australian PG instead. When it comes to randle vs Gordon. AG was the more athletic and still is. He will have a better future.

Elfrid payton. We needed to get a PG. He was the best avaialble and Philadelphia knew about it and took advantage. We lost a first round here but I was ok with the move then. We ended up picking Marble in the second round.

So, We ended up with Payton, Gordon, Marble and Fournier in exchange for afflalo and a first round.

Overall I was excited with the moves. I still think he did well. Loosing a first round was not good but we had no choice.

2015: Mario. Clearly the pick here. Muday was another option but we were still working with Elfrid as our future PG .

Not so bad with draft picks. He has been horrible with coaching selection but im bot sure how many coaches wanted to work here. Firing Stan was the worse move ever.

sullinger:

Nicholson:

People forget how good Nicholson was in College. put up 20/7 with 2 blocks and 4/5 from three against FSU in the tournament. Put up 26/14 with 8 blocks against a really good Xavier team.

If the main issue we have with a GM is what he does with the 19th pick in the draft, there's not a GM out there that hasn't *****ed up a late teen/early 20s pick.

Nicholson could be good if given more consistent minutes. People forget he was part of that rotation earlier in the year when we had a winning record. Skiles got confused when he got too many players to mix and match. Lol.

I have to disagree with you here. You have to see more Lakers game I guess. Randle is a very good player but not better than Gordon or Turner at the moment. Gordon seems to have a brighter future for sure. Better all around player. Randle is just stronger at the moment.

Yeah. Randle's 23.7 FG% midrange shot is pretty impressive. So is his 3 point range.

Randle is a year older and already had NBA body the day he was drafted.

Gordon still needs a couple off seasons to build more muscle but his athletic ceiling is off the charts where the Randle you see today is pretty close to one you will see down the road.

Hennigan is an awesome GM. The flexibility he has given this team despite a questionably unsuccessful 4th season of the rebuild is amazing. Plus we have good pieces. I still think under a different system Payton can thrive.

Hennigan is an awesome GM. The flexibility he has given this team despite a questionably unsuccessful 4th season of the rebuild is amazing. Plus we have good pieces. I still think under a different system Payton can thrive.

Hold your horses...awesome and amazing are two strong words

Yeah. Randle's 23.7 FG% midrange shot is pretty impressive. So is his 3 point range.

That's like saying Shaq is bad because he can't shoot FT's.